Kodiak/topkick exterior handle rods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMT_TANK

Reaction score
@Z71Hobbs Thank you so much for your detailed pics. I owe you one for pointing me in the right direction. I’ve [emoji883]ed your photos away on my phone I’ll get to work on a set of prototypes tm! The ace hardware has some bulk rod that’s the same size as original, so wish me luck. First production set go to you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
@Z71Hobbs Thank you so much for your detailed pics. I owe you one for pointing me in the right direction. I’ve [emoji883]ed your photos away on my phone I’ll get to work on a set of prototypes tm! The ace hardware has some bulk rod that’s the same size as original, so wish me luck. First production set go to you!

You might be better off getting a few sets of the long linkage rods that go from the inside door handle to the lock mechanism on the door jam. Same style of rod and should be same diameter.

GMT_TANK

Reaction score
I thought of that, but then my brain was like “hey stupid, remember when you tried fix some rods from a 79 corvette and they snapped!” Point is these rods gm used are stupid brittle. Strong...yet brittle

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
So I'm starting to research some parts from the aftermarket that will be needed;

Rod Clips (Dorman 703-239)
Obviously you can reuse your old ones but if you want new those are what to get.

You must be registered for see images attach

Plastic Clips for Rods (Dorman 703-236)
Holds the rods in place.

You must be registered for see images attach

Then the other legit GM part numbers (thanks to @GMC Burbalade )

Handles
#15619624 LH
#15619625 RH

These are the rods from the handle to the latch. The one that opens the door. (handle/latch)
#15647187 LH
#15647188 RH

These rods are the ones that go from the lock cylinder to the door latch. (lock/latch)

Lock pawl
#15619622 LH
#15619623 RH

Clip
#20633148 (x2)

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
I'm starting to reach out to anyone who may be able to make this happen this evening, first was Dorman. So we shall see. I really really want to make it possible so everyone else can run these handles and I can find parts to put them on the other trucks I own!

I'm only doing this since @Cokeman95 wants me to lol

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
These handles are also used on the 3500 HD trucks to help expand your search for parts. Not jut Kodiacs and Topkicks. Mine came from a 3500.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have no interest in these personally but I applaud you guys for putting the effort into reproducing them! Seems like people are asking about these all the time. Cool to see people working together to build discontinued parts from scratch.

GMT_TANK

Reaction score
Found 3500hd in a salvage yard a few states away from me and one in Canada that will part with just the handles and rods. Gonna grab them and make some some up