k2500 burb camping rig ls swapped

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99burbK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So what boost maker are you considering?
Torqstorm tuner kit with truck spacing, having them send it with the faster drive pulley on it too. we will find out how the speedmaster79 head studs and mls head gaskets hold up. I am not impressed with their roller rockers or tech support so they are being returned tomorrow. I usually do a lot of research before buying stuff and I didn't on the rockers due to having good luck with my studs and head gaskets so far. when I have a better idea of what's going on then their tech guy then the ***** getting shipped back. no confidence in the rockers, all though they look pretty, how's that saying go? chrome don't get you home..... ill be ordering the CHE trunion bushing kit or scorpion roller rockers in the 1.8 flavor. get a little more out of my camshaft.

I did a **** ton of research on blowers before choosing who I would go with, the original idea was procharger but at over twice the money and a short warranty vs torqstorms lifetime warranty, plus the torqstorm out performing a comparable vortec head unit in testing especially down low it became a no brainer. I would just use their NBS kit but I'm getting ready to install my lextech a/c kit and it wouldn't work with the NBS kit.

99burbK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
body work starting, finally, wanted to do the 1/4 panel section first but didn't realize that was held on with nuts. can only get to two of them so tackled something I could actually make progress on at lunch time.

You must be registered for see images attach

Inside of door shell was pretty beat, but if I buy a used door ill be back in this position in a year or two. so cleaned it up and put some KBS rust seal on it that I have left over from my 4 wheeler frame.

Going to try and have the rust work done by this weekend and start getting the hood ready for paint. hoping to have her looking good soon.

99burbK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well worked on cleaning up my garage and hanging the three Florissant lights I had, still a ways to go but plan on bringing my Camaro home next weekend.
garage is 16x24
You must be registered for see images

99burbK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Brought Camaro home, burb tows like a champ! soo glad I got these tow mirrors. last time I towed with it I had a hard time seeing stuff. wasn't a issue this time!

Garage all clean and ready

Camaro all tucked in!

Her three years ago when I got her.

Sorry for sliding off course with my third gen. at this point ima finish body work on the burb. hang some new rubber in the form of 33in tsl truxus tires and concentrate on the Camaro for now. I will be getting the burb dyno tuned here soon and will post up results when that happens. I'm going to wait on the blower and finish what parts I have for the truck now and get her cleaned up. ive even been driving my Honda to work to save $50 a week so I can get more Camaro money lol the burbs not dead just gonna slow down. ill be posting progress!

99burbK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Update: havnt been driving the burb lately, had it nice and low on fuel and actually ran it out in the drive way when I started it the other day. dropped tank tonight and changed out my stick dual pass oump to my high flow fuek systems Quantum 340lph flow single pass fuel pump. was worried truck wouldn't run when low on fuel as I have herd of people having issues under a 1/4 tank. I put 2 gallons in the truck and she fired right up. rocked the truck back and forth to see if it would suck air and never changed its idle. let it run 15 mins and she just kept on going, revved it a little, it was 12:30am, and AFR's looked good and it revved clean. we will see how it does when I drive it up to gas station tomorrow night and put a few bucks in her. also replaced the fuel level sensor while I was in there. trucks reading empty right now which makes me happy, we will see how that goes too. I bought this fuel pump as a replacement for the stock pump and was disappointed to see it wasn't direct fit... the damn fuel level sensor didn't fit the same either... must just be due to the 99 model year or some thing. I wish I would have took pictures of the way I did the pump but my 4 month old was out there with me and he is mr.grumpy the whole time. wife got home from taking our other boy to urgent care and took over so I just hammered down so I could come lay down. I gutted the ribs out of the sending unit cup and cut a portion of the floor out of it for the new pump to stick out and its sock slide on. I then drilled two holes in the cup and ran a thick cable tie through it around the pump to keep it from dancing around. wired in new plug for pump, put new hose on and bam ready to rock. getting ready to pick up a set of 60lb injectors off my buddy too. that way when I got get it tuned here soon I have no issues with my fuel system. plus I may end up going ahead and putting a blower on this *****. I bought a short block for my Camaro, 500ci ls2 and I'm getting ready to order all the suspension parts as well. I have money in the budget to buy heads for the Camaro or a blower for the burb..... might just go ahead and do the blower :)

99burbK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Drove to gas station this morning. with 2 gals or less of fuel in the 42 gal tank and it did great. put 20ish gal in it, $75 of premium..... and the gauge reads half. hell yeah, finally a working gauge and the big pump seems to be doing good. drove it to work and even doing a 30 to 100mph pull AFR's looked good and it ran great. now time to get the 60 injectors in and get her tuned. ima install the HD-2 kit soon as well as my lower door skin and cab lights.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I put a 340 in the dually with the older style pickup and the truck will run fine on fumes.

99burbK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well now that I have a fuel gauge that works ive been able to gauge fuel mileage. I'm am averaging 16mpg going to work and back, 20 miles, through 3 towns speeds very from 25mph to 55mph. I drive it semi normal, get on it off and on and probably accelerate a littler harder than the average joe. so not too shabby I don't think. also did another recorded pull in it the other morning, felt like it was running pretty strong with the cooler air, the new engine is 3seconds faster from 35 to 80mph than the 350 vortec was with true duals and a intake.

if tomorrow goes well ill have the hd2 kit installed in transmission, cab lights installed and wired up, trans temp and boost gauge wired and hooked up. need to pull the wideband and recalibrate it as I'm due for my first 5k oil change. engine has over 8k miles on it now. in 5k miles it did use 2 quarts of oil, 3k of that was with a leaking front main that magically quit leaking for the last 2k miles. ran signature series ams oil in it this time and will pry be switching to the dominator ams oil as boost is coming sooner than later. with the leak and the .028 1st and second ring gaps I'm happy with how its doing.

boost plans have more than likely changed. thanks to a close friend of mine wanting me to spec out his truck, he wants to make 800 wheel with a turbo 6.0, I have found that I can get a on3 performance turbo system for really good price. looking to most likely go with their billet wheel, ceramic ball bearing 84/75 charger. I may change my mind last min. back to the torqstorm but we will see. if I go turbo, which will make more power, I will be selling my long tubes and try to sell my exhaust system I had custom made. neither will be of any use to me unfortunately. makes it hard to want to go that route because I'm pretty happy with the exhaust set up on the truck. I would do a Maggie, lsa, ls9 or other positive displacement unit if I could find something used at a good price. but I don't really want to change my whole front drive set up. I'm just worried ill become unhappy with the 500ish wheel I think ill max out at with the torqstorm. with turbo I can run my current lextech a/c kit and use all my stock obs parts. with the blower I have to sell that stuff and go to a sanden style off a nbs truck and have two custom lines made. ill have to get rid of my headers and exhaust and ill have all that stuff under my hood making heat and taking up room, but it will be better for towing and making more power. it will also be non-existent wear wise to my front main bearing. the blower will cause my front main to wear quicker. the blower kit comes with a lifetime warranty, torqstrom is confident in their all billet straight cut blowers lasting, so they offer a lifetime warranty on the head unit. the turbo kit will not have that awesome warranty and I know I will have issues with tubular manifolds needing fixed from time to time etc. etc.

Hard decisions to make for me, for some reason when it comes to my stuff I end up on the fence a lot, looking like ill go with the turbo kit but we will see. also picked up a set of 60lb injectors yesterday.

99burbK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
not really any updates on the burb, door is welded back together with rattle can primer on it at the moment. need to finish grinding welds and body work it, other than that we developed a lean condition at wot. it was going into the 19s, stopped at store and seemed fine, if I really ring it out itll get into the 14s before the gear change, hoping its not my fuel pump I just put in. they high flow fuel systems quantum pump I used ive had luck with before, hoping this one isn't biting me in the ass. we will see I guess.