New (to me) 99 Burb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Well cleaned leather seats almost ready to go in. I pick the truck up tomorrow morning. Maybe this evening. We’ll see how SWMBO feels after her shift.
Those seats look WAY better than the ones I see on trucks around here.... Texas heat and humidity are not kind to what GM had the cojones to call "leather" on our trucks.

Jwelar

Reaction score
These have been “stored” in a thrashed Suburban that’s been sitting by my driveway for about 8 years. Southern California at about 3800’ elevation so we get temps from -10 all the way to @110 throughout the year. Not as much humidity as y’all get in Texas though. Probably the same amount of wind. I think the thick layer of dust protected them from most damage. That and the eucalyptus trees that are growing there. I’m any case I like them better than the cloth benches that are in the truck now. Like driving in a lazy boy. lol

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
These have been “stored” in a thrashed Suburban that’s been sitting by my driveway for about 8 years. Southern California at about 3800’ elevation so we get temps from -10 all the way to @110 throughout the year. Not as much humidity as y’all get in Texas though. Probably the same amount of wind. I think the thick layer of dust protected them from most damage. That and the eucalyptus trees that are growing there. I’m any case I like them better than the cloth benches that are in the truck now. Like driving in a lazy boy. lol
My Burb has those leather seats, and anywhere they've been sat on, they're torn up. Rawhide the crew cab has the cloth split bench in front and a solid bench in the back. This upholstery seems to be more tolerant of being used, than the "leather" but I keep big towels on the seat surfaces to help keep them nice. And of course it's a struggle to keep the "work truck" clean and neat inside cause people wanna leave their food trash....

Jwelar

Reaction score
I hear you on the leather becoming worn/torn. For me it’s the kids leaving whatever they decide they don’t want to pick up from inside whatever vehicle they are riding in at the time. Constant battle against the “dropped French fry” army. lol Pictures of steps to protect the seats will be forthcoming in the next couple days.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I hear you on the leather becoming worn/torn. For me it’s the kids leaving whatever they decide they don’t want to pick up from inside whatever vehicle they are riding in at the time. Constant battle against the “dropped French fry” army. lol Pictures of steps to protect the seats will be forthcoming in the next couple days.
Yes French fries and gold fish. Occasionally candy. My son. Smh spilled red soda on the 3rd row carpet and never told me. Now my brand new carpet has a long red stain. Kids are something else..

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice, I love the older Suburbans too. I would jump at a chance for a 2500 4x4 454. I am on a bit of a different hunt though. Looking for a factory 03-06 Cat Eye Suburban with the L31 and 5spd in a 4x4 model. I had a 2003 cat eye GMT800 L31/5spd 4x4 Tahoe about 7 years ago. It was a great vehicle for towing and launching a heavier boat. I recently found out that GM built the Suburbans the same way with the same driveline. They are hard to find with a manual trans though.

Last edited:

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Yes French fries and gold fish. Occasionally candy. My son. Smh spilled red soda on the 3rd row carpet and never told me. Now my brand new carpet has a long red stain. Kids are something else..
When we got Dad's '06 Denali, the dealership had cleaned it up pretty nicely...or so we thought until we pulled the third row seat out, to load it up for the traders village swap meet. Found a LOT of Froot Loops and dog hair under there.....

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For me it’s the kids leaving whatever they decide they don’t want to pick up from inside whatever vehicle they are riding in at the time. Constant battle against the “dropped French fry” army.
Kids need direction and discipline. Whenever you find stuff they've left, walk them out to the car and make them pick up their stuff. If there's trash in the floor, grab all the kids (because they'll all say it's someone else's trash), and have them clean it up. It sucks being the disciplinarian, but after the third time they have to go out and clean up their mess, they'll start working to keep it clean. Then when they become adults, they'll be far less likely to be that person that trashes out their interior.

My kids would absolutely trash my wife's car, but they knew to keep mine clean. I'm working on my daughter's car this week, and it's parked in our driveway. It's nice and clean and she keeps it that way.

Jwelar

Reaction score
Nice, I love the older Suburbans too. I would jump at a chance for a 2500 4x4 454. I am on a bit of a different hunt though. Looking for a factory 03-06 Cat Eye Suburban with the L31 and 5spd in a 4x4 model. I had a 2003 cat eye GMT800 L31/5spd 4x4 Tahoe about 7 years ago. It was a great vehicle for towing and launching a heavier boat. I recently found out that GM built the Suburbans the same way with the same driveline. They are hard to find with a manual trans though.
Just keep your eyes open. That’s how I found this one. I also found that expanding search zones on CL helps find some more interesting stuff as well. More efficient than just changing zip codes. The longer it takes to find the more you can stash away for a better quality rig.