New (to me) 99 Burb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Will do! Full disclosure: I’ve had another 99 Burb sitting on the side of my driveway for about 8 years that got stolen and stripped of everything that could be sold at a swap meet (gotta love Commifornia) but the seats and everything are in TOP shape so will be swapping those in after I get some Coverkings to put on em. SUPER STOKED to get into an older Suburban again! I only took the other one out twice on the trail before it got ripped off so looking forward to big steel wheeling again. Best part is: both suburbans are the EXACT same model. Right down to the body color and trim level.
Sorry to hear about the other Burb! Thieves are some of the worst of mankind. That being said, I'm happy that you found another Burb to enjoy. Please share some pics of the Burb and work to come.

Congratulations!

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
It’s great for cruising during the OFF season. During Tierra Del Sol or most weekends it’s a rat race of quads and bikes and side by sides blaring music and not caring that you’re driving a 5-6000lbs vehicle that can crush them like a bug. My advice is if you go plan for mid week while schools are still in if you want to enjoy it.
Good advice,I'll keep it in mind..thanks

juanjosoto

Reaction score
I got this K1500 1995 from my dad, after he passed away last year. Its a Z71 stepside 5.7 V8, we have it since new. I remember I used to draw this truck on my notebooks and it is very special that he kept it for me. I mean to keep it as stock as possible, but lifted enough for fitting 35 inches tires on the OEM wheels. Not for extreme off-road use, just the necessary if needed. So I need you guys to help me decide between 4 and 6 inches lift.
You must be registered for see images attach

Jwelar

Reaction score
So todays project was an easy one. Lubed up all the door hinges and locks and all that fun stuff with garage door white lithium lube. Poked around on it a bit just to do it. It goes into the shop tomorrow to get the front driver’s door adjusted and some wiring looked at. When I turn on the turn signal everything blinks. When I turn the headlights on EVERYTHING is on. Me thinks somebody misplaced some wires in there somewhere. Shop is also going to give it an in depth once over so I know I’m starting from the safest scratch I can. It’s a kid hauler and an off-roader so I want it to be solid in all those respects. Kinda hard to replace kids if I overlooked something important.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It’s a kid hauler and an off-roader so I want it to be solid in all those respects. Kinda hard to replace kids if I overlooked something important.
We've had ours since day 1. As a father I can tell you, your doing the right thing. These trucks are solid though. Check seat belts, car seats and floor integrity if you really want to make sure there's no surprises. I still to this day do a multipoint inspection. I've actually been in an accident against a 07ish suburban. Mine started up still, and drove on the tow truck. My son was asleep in the car seat and didn't even feel the crash. Yours being a 2500, you have a more solid drive train and frame then mine.

Jwelar

Reaction score
I've actually been in an accident against a 07ish suburban.
We need to stop Suburban on Suburban violence. lol

Yeah I know it’s going to add to the cost of the vehicle but it costs less than the alternative. It is a solid vehicle just has some quirks. Cant wait to get the seat covers in to redo the seating. Give it some redneck flare and have the Lazy Boy seats in there.

Im slowly getting used to the extended braking and the overall size of this beast again. I have a Ford Transit as well but the Burb is on another level as far as rolling mass.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im slowly getting used to the extended braking and the overall size of this beast again. I have a Ford Transit as well but the Burb is on another level as far as rolling mamass.

That's for sure. You should have hydroboost though. From what I've heard that's the ideal brakes for this rig.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bturner333