New (to me) 99 Burb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jwelar

Reaction score
Hello all. Long time lurker but finally registered because I finally pulled the trigger. Picked up a 99 K2500 SLT Suburban off of Craigslist. In fact, I’ve only put a hold on it due to the bank holiday. I’ll be officially picking it up Monday and taking it in to GMC dealer for a once over just to make sure I don’t have any issues that I overlooked when I “probed” the rig initially. Posting here because it is going to be an off-road rig with a little cross over into audio and such.

Jwelar

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, from a '99 Burb owner in Houston, TX. I also have an 8 lug 400, '97 C3500 CCLB.
When you get it, be sure to post some pictures!
Will do! Full disclosure: I’ve had another 99 Burb sitting on the side of my driveway for about 8 years that got stolen and stripped of everything that could be sold at a swap meet (gotta love Commifornia) but the seats and everything are in TOP shape so will be swapping those in after I get some Coverkings to put on em. SUPER STOKED to get into an older Suburban again! I only took the other one out twice on the trail before it got ripped off so looking forward to big steel wheeling again. Best part is: both suburbans are the EXACT same model. Right down to the body color and trim level.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Will do! Full disclosure: I’ve had another 99 Burb sitting on the side of my driveway for about 8 years that got stolen and stripped of everything that could be sold at a swap meet (gotta love Commifornia) but the seats and everything are in TOP shape so will be swapping those in after I get some Coverkings to put on em. SUPER STOKED to get into an older Suburban again! I only took the other one out twice on the trail before it got ripped off so looking forward to big steel wheeling again. Best part is: both suburbans are the EXACT same model. Right down to the body color and trim level.
Lemme guess: pewter with the tan interior? My first '99 Burb was that combo, and the current Burb is pewter but with the gray interior. My crew cab is Rawhide Metallic (think gold) with the tan/beige cloth interior. I found out when I had a VIN number report done on my Burb, that 1 in 3 '99 Burbs were painted code 11 pewter.

Jwelar

Reaction score
Lemme guess: pewter with the tan interior? My first '99 Burb was that combo, and the current Burb is pewter but with the gray interior. My crew cab is Rawhide Metallic (think gold) with the tan/beige cloth interior. I found out when I had a VIN number report done on my Burb, that 1 in 3 '99 Burbs were painted code 11 pewter.
Burgundy exterior and gray interior on both of them. PO installed some type of vinyl flooring for ease of cleaning. Not sure if I’m keeping that or not. Just cleaned up all my “leather” interior seats from my old one and ordered some Coverking coolness for all 3 rows. Turning into a rolling atm. lol

Jwelar

Reaction score
Welcome from a fellow Californian! We love Burbs I have two and have taken mine off road many times,they do well in the dirt.

So what part of Cali do you hang your hat?
I’m in Southern California. South of LA North of SD. Looking forward to cruising around Anza-Borrego again. Maybe not in the notches but definitely in the washes. Find some killer camp sites and burn wood and steaks and those type of things.

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
I’m in Southern California. South of LA North of SD. Looking forward to cruising around Anza-Borrego again. Maybe not in the notches but definitely in the washes. Find some killer camp sites and burn wood and steaks and those type of things.
We did the same thing but up near Edwards Air Force Base north of Lancaster....always wanted to go to Anza-Borrego but never had the opportunity.I really miss the evening campfires.

Jwelar

Reaction score
We did the same thing but up near Edwards Air Force Base north of Lancaster....always wanted to go to Anza-Borrego but never had the opportunity.I really miss the evening campfires.
It’s great for cruising during the OFF season. During Tierra Del Sol or most weekends it’s a rat race of quads and bikes and side by sides blaring music and not caring that you’re driving a 5-6000lbs vehicle that can crush them like a bug. My advice is if you go plan for mid week while schools are still in if you want to enjoy it.