k2500 burb camping rig ls swapped

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99burbK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Some small updates, been littered with side work and picked up over 10 hours at work a week. fuel issues seem to be related to where I was getting my fuel but I am gonna tidy up some under hood wiring to get rid of other variables but tonight the truck was running in the 11s afr at wide open the whole pull. the truck is also running very well at the moment. the video I posted show right over 6 seconds 0-60!! still isn't even tuned!!! helps that I went back to a 245 tire for now. I'm gonna get a set of rims in the future and 33s for now, run a shorter shackle out back and finish cranking the bars. depending on how like that I may still do a 6in lift I'm not sure yet. either way I'm going to re gear the truck, if I decide to stay with a 3in lift and 33s I'm go 4:56 to 4:88 gears with a Detroit true trac and get rid of my non working g80. if I go 35s ill either go 4:88s or 5:16s. I love the little bit of pep I picked up going back down to a 245 from a 265. especially out of the hole, you can hear in the vid how it really comes alive at around 25 to 30 mph. it wouldn't do the till about 35 or a little worse before. I'm sure that's also got something to do with the tune as well. I am going to get tuned soon, trying to decide if ima order a intake for it or not, debating on a fast lsxrt and a 102. really trying to focus on my Camaro at the moment, just spend a big chunk on all my suspension and chassis for that car. getting ready to order a dana 60 for it and a moly drive shaft. really want to spend money on the burb but if I don't get progress on the car I fear the burbs just gonna take over and the car will never get done, while the burb keeps me happy right now I really want my race car done. heres a video of a pull in the burb tonight omw home from work, she was on fire!! got just hardly out ran by a first gen raptor a couple months ago, I wish I would have ran into him tonight!!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/6DQZwZ9JxfaUG9bE8

99burbK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well my fueling issues don't seem to be related to gas station choice. I really need to get a fuel pressure tester and see if its dropping pressure or not, I have a suspicion it may be my intake manifold gasket. every single gasket I got in that engine tech gasket kit is officially leaking and ive got 14k miles on the engine now, wouldn't be surprised if that's my issue. valve seals will be next I'm sure, really pissed I cheaped out on the gasket set. no real updates on the truck. been having issues with cv axles and wheel bearings, I knew it was coming so no big deal. heres a pic I took the other day when I washed her up, I polished the tips and cleaned glass after I took this picture, should have waited lol

You must be registered for see images attach

99burbK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
also as another update we bought a camper, no camping rig can be complete with out the travel trailer right! its a 2017 that got rear ended, needs a little love but nothing major, guy gave me all new skirting with it and I need to order a awning, water heater door, electric tongue jack and a motor for the front right jack. it does haul slightly to the passenger side but other than that pulls great, I'm not bitching for $6,000 for a $25,000 camper lol interior is mint!

You must be registered for see images

scottydl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice rig! Get the axles checked out by a trailer shop for alignment, there's really not much else that would cause it to track off-center. If damaged/bent you'll want to repair or replace those or it will tear up the tires and increase your chances of a highway blowout... no fun, trust me!

99burbK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice rig! Get the axles checked out by a trailer shop for alignment, there's really not much else that would cause it to track off-center. If damaged/bent you'll want to repair or replace those or it will tear up the tires and increase your chances of a highway blowout... no fun, trust me!
I didn't even think about taking it to a trailer shop, I was gonna try and get some measurements and take a whack at it. the left side rail must be shoved a little forward. I can just see down the whole passenger side and only the front left corner. thanks for the idea!

scottydl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sure thing, not sure where you're at in the U.S. but here in the Midwest (lots of farming) shops are pretty common that work on farm equipment and trailers. Don't take it to an RV dealership, their prices will be stupid. But I'd want to have someone be able to check those axles with some precision measurements, instead of just eyeballing it and hoping it's solved. Especially once you get that trailer behind your truck on a windy day when you already have to "work" while driving to maintain its straightness... you don't want any extra challenges. ;)

99burbK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sure thing, not sure where you're at in the U.S. but here in the Midwest (lots of farming) shops are pretty common that work on farm equipment and trailers. Don't take it to an RV dealership, their prices will be stupid. But I'd want to have someone be able to check those axles with some precision measurements, instead of just eyeballing it and hoping it's solved. Especially once you get that trailer behind your truck on a windy day when you already have to "work" while driving to maintain its straightness... you don't want any extra challenges. ;)
I hauled it home on a really windy day, actually ripped the black underlayment out from under the camper. besides being able to see that it was dog tracking behind me, it hauled absolutely awesome. it didn't pull funny at all. if I wouldn't have looked in my mirrors I wouldn't have know anything was wrong. but I do wanna try and get it fixed before we take our trip to PA this year, I live in western central ohio

scottydl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Midwest campers unite! :) I'm one of the admins at RVforum.net so stop on by if you have any camper-specific questions. Awesome group of veteran RVers with tons of experience over there.

99burbK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Midwest campers unite! :) I'm one of the admins at RVforum.net so stop on by if you have any camper-specific questions. Awesome group of veteran RVers with tons of experience over there.
man I wish my k2500 had the 7.4 when I was puling that camper tho, all tho to give the 5.3 some credit it still hasn't been tuned lol flat ground and no wind I could lock up and still maintain 65 no problem but add some hills or wind and I was putting her down in third. hooking up a oil cooler is defiantly on the list before Pa too!