Help me ID this part (parasitic draw occurring)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
X2 on drl module with cooling fins and they are more over to the right of the dash like at the start of the trans tunnel.

OP can you get a better pic of "box"

Thinking about it does 98 have a transfer case module? I've been all in the dashes of OBS truck but the later models I've had never had that but I never had 4x4 either

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That's ok, I forgot turning you phone on its side to see what you can't when your holding your phone normally. Almost everything I do on here, is done on my phone. I have a tablet, but I almost never use it. I also have an out dated laptop, and outdated desk top.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's ok, I forgot turning you phone on its side to see what you can't when your holding your phone normally. Almost everything I do on here, is done on my phone. I have a tablet, but I almost never use it. I also have an out dated laptop, and outdated desk top.
Same thing, laptop and iPad collecting dust. :Angry:

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On some of the 4x4 the " keyless remote unlock" module is over the brake pedal pivot. If it has that option.

IRQVET

Reaction score
My rig is fully optioned. Original Owner custom ordered it with every available option for the 1998 model year. When I ran the VIN number through the GM database, it showed it was 1 of 1 ever built.

What does DRL mean?

IRQVET

Reaction score
OP can you get a better pic of "box"

Its pretty sandwiched in there. Hard to get a good shot.

If it helps, when I slide my hand along side of it, its the entire length of my hand vertically, so maybe 6-8 inches tall.

You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    56.4 KB · Views: 6
  • image4.jpeg
    image4.jpeg
    53.6 KB · Views: 6