Help! ID this electrical component.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, unfortunately. I seem to remember it was with the “old” harness which also had a brake booster for trailering.

Whatever it is, IMHO it looks GM OE… based on the wires (colored wire with contrasting tracers) and plastic case construction.

It appears it was mounted in the cab, as it’s not all cruddy.

Last edited:

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There were two wires coming off the ECU connector with the same colors.

So you’ve also got two similar wires coming from the ECU… do you know where these two are supposed to go or not?

I ask because you’re speculating those wires may go to this box.

Dr88

Reaction score
Yes it was inside, and possibly a connector for the ALDL. Unfortunately the previous owner had really messed up the wiring inside the cab, which is why I relplaced. Luckily the engine bay wiring was unmolested, and the Burb runs great. I’m just worried that this part my have something to do with the ECM/ECU and don’t want to F-anything up.

Dr88

Reaction score
You also said “2 of the wires (Tan/BLK, and BLU/WHT) seem to go to the ECM”. How did you come to this conclusion?

Pop the tabs on its plastic case and look inside. Post pictures.

Attachments

• 048D85FE-9B51-47D4-AADA-B2ECE6D709D8.jpeg
    048D85FE-9B51-47D4-AADA-B2ECE6D709D8.jpeg
    203.5 KB · Views: 4

Dr88

Reaction score
It’s a small chip, connected to the wires. The box had electrical tape wrapped around it which I removed.

Dr88

Reaction score
Could it possibly be a Radio/antenna component? or my first guess was a brake assist module for trailering.