Help me ID this part (parasitic draw occurring)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IRQVET

Reaction score
So I am in no way electrically inclined. So I’ve been experiencing a parasitic draw and what sounds like the clicking like my turn signal is on when it isn’t. So I stuck a light tester on the negative side of the battery and just started pulling fuses to see if it stopped (the light on the light tester or the clicking noise). I pulled every fuse and nothing, except the main battery fuse which tells me whatever this thing it is wired directly from the battery.

For reference, this metal box must be a relay of some sort, and its underneth dash about 7 inches to the left of the brake pedal. OBD2 port is forward of this thing and a few inches to the right.

What is it? The metal box must be 6-7 inches tall its about as tall as my hand when I slide my hand long side of it.

This is where the clicking noise is coming from.

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It looks the DRL box, maybe, but there's a fuse for that, in the fuse panel on the driver's side access panel between the door and dashboard, on the dashboard side. Be careful with those yellow wires. They are for your air bags. You DO NOT want to set off the air bag, by accident. If it is the DRL control box, you can unplug it. The only thing that will happen, is that you won't have DRLs, if that's what it is.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks the DRL box, maybe, but there's a fuse for that, in the fuse panel on the driver's side access panel between the door and dashboard, on the dashboard side. Be careful with those yellow wires. They are for your air bags. You DO NOT want to set off the air bag, by accident. If it is the DRL control box, you can unplug it. The only thing that will happen, is that you won't have DRLs, if that's what it is.
The DRL modules I've messed with on these trucks have had cooling fins.