Harbor Freight Jack Stand Recall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have about a dozen jack stands, but none of mine are HF. My big stands are pure Chinesium, but they're older and built like brick outhouses.

gric_az

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just returned mine the day after I got the notice. Never had a problem with them. But I always made sure it seated correctly on the paw before I put weight on it.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I looked at mine, I have 4 of the 12Ton I don't use very often (unless I want to get something up high) too big and heavy, 2 of the 6Ton I use most of the time. These look like they have good deep pawls. Now the 3Ton ones I have (2 of each) seem a little shallow but, they're small stands too. I only use them for holding up a trans or back of the engine. If I use them for the truck I put them in the back with the floor jack for backup. After watching the video, I'll be sure to have more backup. I don't even know what brands these all are.

You must be registered for see images attach

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
The blue ones may be Walker. Long time ago they sold a line of jacks and stands, and a porta power type portable ram for bodywork. Not cheap, but good stuff. The orange and white ones look like some old HF ones like my dad had probably 15 years ago. Bought the Northern ones 2 years ago when I couldn't find both of them. Guess what I found after moving and fixing the Burb? Oh well 2 pair of jackstands isn't a bad thing.
I think the HF ones were called Allied back then....

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The blue ones may be Walker.
Yeah, I was thinking they may have been rebranded "Michelin" since I got them with the Michelin floor jack you can barely see in the background but, who knows? They have a pin in the middle so the pawl pushes the post, which has notches back there too, back against the pin. kind of double locking it in place.