Harbor Freight Jack Stand Recall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Glade mine have the triangle shapes safety pins. I always put the safety pins in when I use them too. I saw a video some years back of a jack stand falling. Its scary. The truck falls very quick.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Yes I have the northern tool ones that have the triangle pin Kenny's talking about. Had the Burb on them for a month during the front end and brake repairs in 2018. Weren't fazed by me having to beat the upper ball joints loose either!
I've seen trucks fall from misplaced jacks or stands before; it's scary as hell to watch how fast it happens.

delta_p

OBS Chevrolet, When Silverado Was A Trim
Reaction score
I just used a set of 6 ton like that on my rear crank shaft oil seal job but part number is 56369. Now I am scared of them and probably never use them again.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I don't have any of them but, I like to leave my floor jack, with the pressure released and locked back up under where I last jacked it, just in case.
Yes I've done that too, if I know I'm going to be banging on the truck some. Right now I don't use my stands much,because I'm working on the truck in a gravel driveway. For stuff that doesn't require the wheels off, I have several 2x8 boards, around 2 feet long, that I stack underneath the tires. Works great for a starter job when you need one side up higher.