Front brakes help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
man I truly am learning stuff the hard way. I got rid of the old calipers already so I will have to go get a new one....sucks.

about the races, I am not sure about that. Maybe they asked about it? I dont remember but I just reused the old bearings on the new racings. But now I have new bearings on new racings. Just how it came to be I guess.

Man it's ok. I'm a pac rat.. my wife gets mad because I dont throw old parts away. I always kept them for a just in case scenario. I would follow Erik the Awful advise. Whenever your ready to mess with it. Btw it happens to all of us. One of my dumbest moments was one day I got new steel rims for the truck. Few month later I started noticing a clunking sound that I only got when it was wet. Drove me insane. Checked everything on my front end replaced parts that looked warn... I was clueless... could not find the clunking and mine is 2wd so no front CV joints.. my wife was like try swapping the tire. Didnt listen for a few weeks. Finally I gave up and said screw it so I swapped the tires and sure enough she was right.... turned out one of my steel trims weld was cracked and was making that clunking sound... felt dumb and wasted so much time. Learned my lesson.....

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Could be more than one problem here and though the questions I asked about bearings were for my benefit - when I come to replace my rotors - there's possibly something from the info provided that is relevant here.
That is, old caged rollers installed in rotors with new races - why were the caged rollers not supplied? Or did you remove the old races from the old rotors and re-use them also?

Is yours a k1500?

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Do new rotors come with races fitted? Or has a complete bearing set to be obtained separately and fitted?
New rotors where the hub is part of the assembly used to. Haven't bought one in donkey's years so not sure if they still do. Last rotors we've bought were rear ones for the 06 and they're the hat style.

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is yours a k1500?

C2500.
Rotors and bearings are on my to-do list. There's life in them yet so not immediately but when I do, I'd prefer to have the rotor races pre-installed.

Meantimes, I'm wondering what the OP used for rotor races. Can't see the old ones withstanding removal and refitting. And as no other bearing parts were supplied with the rotors - why would they have had new ones?