Front brakes help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ehall8702

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You’re correct. They’re talking about “bedding” or sintering brake pads and that was common when less advanced materials were used to make pads and rotors. Now when you over heat a new efficient pad/rotor when they’re new is forms a crystalline in the semi-metallic pads and ruins them. If you’re sintering the ceramic pads a similar process occurs but it does drastically reduce the life of the hardware by doing so. No needs for warning them up boys. That’s old school. Btw the Powerstop products all suck. Spend the money on the thickest oem or better rotors and a good set of pads, upgrade your Dot fluid when applicable and bleed properly. That’ll do it.

We only use prescorched ceramic pads also, don't like issues with cheap pads and ones that don't come with abutment plates either. You should definitely flush fluids if it's THAT bad , unless ur doing severe duty usually no need to bleed em tho.

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
May be, but I still bed pads. Some people drive like they store their eggs under the brake pedal. Those were the worst for glazing. The bedding process also gives you a good test drive to ensure it's good.

Same here. A few vigorous prods of both pedals simultaneously and if it dives on its nose when I back out of the loud one and the other one feels fine - job done.

(My 'ol man when I used to borrow his car often commented on how his brakes were better when he next drove it. Call me glaze buster).

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I was looking through the GM service manual this morning and saw this. I didn't know this, but that's not unusual.

You must be registered for see images attach
Interesting that the proofreader didn't catch "breaks" for "brakes "...... the GM book printers are usually good on that kinda thing.