JB8 Front Disc Brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a new-to-me 93 GMC K3500 dually dump truck that I posted about yesterday and was working on gathering info on it based on the VIN. Between some folks on here helping me + my COMPNINE finally working was able to see it had a 12K GVWR and was a cab and chassis truck.

One of the problems with the truck is it needs new rotors and pads in the front. I'm thinking the power stop package underlined in red below will fit the truck.
My truck has the JB8 RPO code.

Is there any difference in rotors/pads between the K3500 dually pickups and the K3500 dually cab and chassis? As far as I can tell they both have the JB8 RPO code so I would imagine that means they have the same rotors/calipers? That's my only nagging doubt.

I'm not at home and don't have access to the truck right now, otherwise I could measure the rotor.

Thank you for your help!

You must be registered for see images attach

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So far as I know, in a given model year, "JB8" is the same between regular trucks and Cab/Chassis models.

Download the service manual set for your vehicle from the links in the Sticky section of this forum. Verify in the "Brake" section.

"I" would not pay a dime extra for "drilled and slotted" rotors. And I would want to know the friction codes on the pads before I paid extra for them, given that relatively inexpensive Raybestos pads seem to have excellent stopping power hot and cold.

Reaction score
So far as I know, in a given model year, "JB8" is the same between regular trucks and Cab/Chassis models.

Download the service manual set for your vehicle from the links in the Sticky section of this forum. Verify in the "Brake" section.

"I" would not pay a dime extra for "drilled and slotted" rotors. And I would want to know the friction codes on the pads before I paid extra for them, given that relatively inexpensive Raybestos pads seem to have excellent stopping power hot and cold.
Thanks, just found them in the engine section. Will download and check!

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mild update--JB8 single-rear-wheel, and JB8 dual-rear-wheel are different--the rotors are thicker for duallies, at least according to my '97 manual.

A crappy screenshot of my '97 manual, attached.

Attachments

• Brake option codes.doc
    351 KB · Views: 5