Front brakes help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What are 'chases'? The inner race and the caged rollers?

Does a rotor then either come completely bare (bearing wise) or completely equipped with a bearing (all four races and the caged rollers)?

Meant races and only for the c1500s. If you have a k. Different set up.. c comes with new rotors bare or new rotors with new bearings. If they have new bearings normally the races are already installed

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Unfortunetly I dont have a tape measure on me. Sounds really dumb I know but I aint exactly home. Being stationed away from home I kinda buy tools as I go now.

No biggie then. I'm just curious which set up your equipt with front the factory so I can better match it

DForce909

Reaction score
So on the old parts never did the grinding? Also you matched the pads and calipers and there EXACTLY the same?

Yeah I never heard or experienced any kind of grinding until I replaced all these things. Im starting to believe maybe I did mix up on the caliper. When I inspected it, to me it did look exactly the same...maybe I should of taken an even closer look. Its just weird since I did everything the exact same on the passenger side, yet I am only getting grinding sounds on the driver side...so confused by that.

I got the old pads on me though and checked them out and they are exactly the same. So I am at a loss.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So if the passenger side not doing it. Then it may not be the hardware. Unless something different on that side then the driver. Btw does it get worse turning or accelerating?

DForce909

Reaction score
Thats what I may have to look at to find out.

so I just remembered something. When I took the brake line off on the passenger side it started to drip brake fluid. I put it back on and then hooked up the bleeder valve to bleed it out. It all worked. Then the driver side I disconnected the brake line and it didnt leak any fluid at all. Then when I tried to bleed the valve it wouldnt work. Only when I put the valve farther out did it bleed, but not through the tube I placed on it, it just started leaking out. Could it be a faulty caliper? Maybe it isnt working the piston right?

it only starts grinding when I come to a complete stop. Say if I go 50mph I would start feeling/hearing it around 25 and then feel it kinda grind till I stop.