Electric Fan Conversion???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1996k1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have seen a couple conversions from a mechanical fan to electric fans. I was wondering what is the best way to wire it up without spending a bunch of cash. I was thinking maybe a couple fans from a junkyard, or a dual fan from a junkyard. A switch for each side and I'll just turn them both on when in traffic.
Also, should I hook it up just with the switch? Or should I pay the money for the thermostat? I'll turn it on every time I get in and shut it off whenever I'm gonna park it. I already know that. Or does someone have a recommendation to what I should do? I'm looking for power and at least a little MPG increase. :hmm:
What kindof fans should I use? What cars should I rip them out off? I know I'm putting two on. Not one. Unless it is a gigantic fan with more then 5500CFM.
Anyway. Any help would be awesome.
I just have the stock mechanical fan on it.

burganyntan98

Reaction score
i have my electric fan on a switch and its also wired up to come on any time the ac compressor kicks on. just used a couple of relays to make it happen. and the switch automatically resets when the key is off. so im able to get in the truck and let it do a proper warm up then kick the fan on.

1996k1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks guys! Really helpful stuff. I might have it where it will be automatic but I can override it from the cab. I have it thought up but kindof hard to explain. But anyway. Thanks again.