dcZ71 6.5" DC 14SF 4.56's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Griffin the setup I'm wanting when I get around to doing the sfa swap is corporate 14 in the rear and dana 44 front, also if your going to do the swap and going to 3/4 ton you will also need to find new rims

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
oH yea I didn't even think of that is there an sfa front axle I could run that would keep my 6 lug I didn't even think about brakes and transfering all that over yikes. I can see how the sfa budget can double on you real quick.

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
One member swapped the axle housings to a driver side drop on a corp 10 bolt and if I recall correctly you can swap 10 bolt outers on to a d44.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I can put a 10 bolt under the front just like the rear? I'm very new with axles I'm familiar with the terms the dana 60 and 44 but don't know ish.

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
72-88 1/2 ton front axle out of a K10 is a pass. side axle but if you blow out the plug welds at the diff and swap axle tubes and shafts to opposite sides will give you a 32.5 spring pad lift (same as d44) with a 6 lug pattern.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
gotcha. Realistically I won't do this anytime soon. No need. It'd be purely a want because I don't wheel the truck. Even then I don't know if I'd really want it because my IFS and cepek combo rides soooooo damn good. I know if I had that kind of $ to spend it'd be an LS1 > SAS.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
sorry y'all haven't been able to get on, gmt400 was down for me the last several days.

I got the 14 in finally last weekend, ran into a lot of little crap because it was my first time doing something like this but im glad i did it. It feels real good with the 30 in tires and 4.56 gears :burnout: I have some gear whine, but what can you do you know, if its just an annoyance i can live with it i guess.

You must be registered for see images

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sweedish! How long it take you to physically get the axle in and going? I know it sat for a while since you had some issues. I don't think I've ever heard gear whine before :think:

Now you need to apply the same point to the leafs, frame, everything!

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sweedish! How long it take you to physically get the axle in and going? I know it sat for a while since you had some issues. I don't think I've ever heard gear whine before :think:

Now you need to apply the same point to the leafs, frame, everything!

not sure on the actual time spent, but i worked on it some last weekend, then it sat for a week due to rain and no time. Then got it wrapped up this past weekend. Its actually pretty straight forward i just ran into random crap. Wasted time trying to track down a u joint when i didnt need one and the stock one fit. Ended up having to get new u bolts because my old ones wouldnt torque because the rust ate the threads. Had to swap the left side brake line from the 10 bolt because the 14 one was stripped. I did break one of the heads off the bolt when putting on my diff cover, i ****** up and had my torque wrench between 35-40 but thats spec for a full floater. So now i have two bolts messed up. But im gunna fix those and get a bluetorch fab heavy duty diff cover so no worries. That stock diff cover is so thin.

oh and this is gear whine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XBhMpz1M7s
....mines not as bad but that gets you an idea

Last edited: