dcZ71 6.5" DC 14SF 4.56's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jcloud

BaLlIn On A BuDgEt
Reaction score
I'll get you some pics but what the hell J? What size block you got out back?

i know its a 5 inch block for sure..maybe 5.5..but my friend took off his 37s toyos m/t's off his diesel and put 38s on it and we put the 37s up against the 35s on my turck and it looks like they wouldnt fit out back..but you never really know until the tire is bolted on the rim then put it up and see

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i know its a 5 inch block for sure..maybe 5.5..but my friend took off his 37s toyos m/t's off his diesel and put 38s on it and we put the 37s up against the 35s on my turck and it looks like they wouldnt fit out back..but you never really know until the tire is bolted on the rim then put it up and see

You can't really pay attention to that too much because the wheels you have would take a good bit of height off that tire since they're so wide. I remember when I went to look at are what now my 37s on the guys dodge and he had a good bit more lift than me and I was pretty worried about it too and of course they clear soo damn easy. You're just sitting them up next to your truck but you're not taking into account the axle and wheel are sitting lower because you're on 35's now. Most of the time when a tire isn't going to fit it's pretty damn obvious.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
finally truck is back in good order...i replaced left rear wheel cylinder, both parking brakes cables attached and brakes bled. Now searching craigslist. Might go look at the 38's, still worried about fitting them though.

jcloud

BaLlIn On A BuDgEt
Reaction score
You can't really pay attention to that too much because the wheels you have would take a good bit of height off that tire since they're so wide. I remember when I went to look at are what now my 37s on the guys dodge and he had a good bit more lift than me and I was pretty worried about it too and of course they clear soo damn easy. You're just sitting them up next to your truck but you're not taking into account the axle and wheel are sitting lower because you're on 35's now. Most of the time when a tire isn't going to fit it's pretty damn obvious.
Very true!

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
J In reality your truck would sit 2" higher with 37's so you still need to take that into account instead of just rolling it up next to the truck. It freaked me out too before I had mine put on. If I hadn't seen pics of it already done I really would have been unsure, but with your wheels I dunno could change things a good bit.

jcloud

BaLlIn On A BuDgEt
Reaction score
Ya I know what you mean..I'm pretty sure it would rub the front bumper when turning cause of the crazy offset on the rims..so I'd have to grind part of the bumper to make it fit...I know I'd Def be able to fit them with a 2 inch body lift..just like you said the rims in my case will chsnge it up a bit

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've always been told you only want to go soo wide on a stock rim, since it's so narrow. Can't remember the max width for the tire but I know 15" was definitely not it...Would it even be safe to run 38x15" wide tires on stock rims anyone? They sure would look good but daily pavement driving around town :nono: would suck unless you really like loud tires, plus they would last a year maybe tops around town DD'ing. If you really only trying to wheel the truck then they're perfect.