dcZ71 6.5" DC 14SF 4.56's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
JUST KIDDING!!!!! :D Dirty, man, If I ever decide to go this route (which is VERY likely) in the not so distant future when I get a new daily I will be on 1-40 or whatever interstate it is that leads me to you. I of course would bring a keg and pay you well. :hmm: I need to start checking out part prices :hmm: Maybe even go ahead and get a 14 bolt since I know I want one for sure anyway, then get the dana 60 but I'm an idiot about suspension really so I have 1% the knowledge on what all I'd need. If you know of a good read of SFA suspensions for noobs I would enjoy reading it and learning.

edit: Damn it J you posted before I could post my JK!!! haha damn now he's going to be mad for 2 seconds until he scrolls down a little more! You think I would actually say something like that to someone that's a true asset to the site and offering ridiculous labor and time for nothing? Hail naw.

That truely is awesome of you bro. You KNOW I would fully enjoy that more...well more than anything.

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
it really depends on what kit you like. offroad unlimited has a pretty popular kit and is what the guy i bought it from installed. im now slowly changing parts out, which makes me wish i would have done the swap myself. one point of recommendation is to check into any kit that runs 52" long springs up front of your not running coils. oru calls it the +6 kit and i wish i could run them but id have a lot of fabing to do and since i cant weld thats big bucks

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Okay so explain "the kit" to me? Does it include all the brackets you have to weld on and springs and shocks? Then you just have to buy front and rear axles yourself? What else am I missing?

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
the kit is everything you need to install the axle and shocks minus the springs themselves and the shocks. both offroad unlimited and offroad direct make bolt on kits. you can always have someone weld some tacks just to be safe. ill post the sites i know with sas kits. no kit comes with shocks or springs. you also need a cross over steering kit too. the spring width when you look at the kits either 32.5" or 36" depends on the type of axle you get

www.offroadunlimited.com

www.offroaddirect.com

www.offroaddesign.com

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Okay so the kit's include front and rear axles too? :D wow. Oh damn I read that wrong so it just includes all the brackets I would need, and this all just for the front right? I would just buy 6" spring for the rear since it's already springs so I would really just need a good front axle, front springs, already got shocks...would I need a new transfer case and the steering stuff is over my head also

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
why new t-case? you just need the same side drop your t-case is on. i believe your like mine and you need a driver side drop. so a late 70s ford axle. also you have to take into account that the kit adds 3" to the lift. so the kit plus 6" spring would make a 9" lift total. so like a 6" spring rear with a small black should keep it level

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Adam I didn't know I wouldn't need a new tcase I was just asking. So besides the kit I would need a front axle, shocks, leaf springs and what else?

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
if you go with a ford axle you dont need a new tcase because they are on the drivers side. if you get a gm one from an 70-80s burban you can get an adapter for it

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm def not against a ford axle...Maybe I should go with a 14 bolt first though since I want to do that anyway, and yeah I definitely would want the 9" style lift on 37's I love your setup Adam.