Das ****** Schnitzel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I've heard the same, I think they call it 'snaps and pops' or something close. I'm waiting for the vid of the guy whose exhaust blows apart cuz of too much snap n pop action.

As for the Jetta, 1.8T is better than 2.0T that came after, and it looks pretty decent too.

We took in a 2004 (Mk4) Jetta TDI a while back, has the BEW engine, it runs fine but the AT is a bit iffy. Unfortunately the prior owner jumped title so we can't resell it...otherwise I'd be buying it.

Steve
The noise in the first video is from the 2 step not the tune. No danger of blowing the exhaust apart on that car, there's nothing to blow apart.
The Mercedes in the second video does have a pops and bangs tune, but it never hurt anything.
Not the kind of noises most folks expect to hear from luxury cars!

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
Welcome back, long time no see. Looks good, how's that thing running?
Like garbage currently. Due to work consuming a big allotment of my time and Family the rest. I am sending it to a local European shop to get it running better, so I can drive it more than 600mi a year. I have a few other little updates on it as well but those have to wait til after work.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not to pile on, but everybody I've known who had an Audi/VW hot rod has expressed your current frustration. I sold my daughter's Beetle TDI cheap for a reason. If you were a real glutton for punishment you'd pick up a 2nd gen Mitsubishi Eclipse like my coworker just did.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My coworker already has three Triumphs and an R32 Skyline, so that ought to tell you something. He dailys a GMT800 though. Gotta have something reliable.