Das ****** Schnitzel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Does the yellow tint really help with seeing better, or is it more of a looks thing....it's France where it's been used most, right?

FWIU (MrPink feel free to jump in and correct me if I'm wrong) It's probably a little bit of both in this situation.

Coating lenses (or bulbs) like this in any color will decrease output slightly, but yellow colored light is easy/quick for the human eye to process and use especially in the dark. IMO there is a definite benefit to "selective yellow" headlamps and/or fogs especially in bad weather, although be careful if your local police are sticklers for lighting. Here in the states selective yellow is allowed in fog lights, but headlights are supposed to be "white."

And yeah, selective yellow lights were used in France for a long time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selective_yellow

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
Thanks fellas, VW's have been a life long thing of mine. So I feel the most comfortable with them.
Does the yellow tint really help with seeing better, or is it more of a looks thing....it's France where it's been used most, right?
Function and Form. They help most in rain and fog, but they just look cool too.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
FWIU (MrPink feel free to jump in and correct me if I'm wrong) It's probably a little bit of both in this situation.

Coating lenses (or bulbs) like this in any color will decrease output slightly, but yellow colored light is easy/quick for the human eye to process and use especially in the dark. IMO there is a definite benefit to "selective yellow" headlamps and/or fogs especially in bad weather, although be careful if your local police are sticklers for lighting. Here in the states selective yellow is allowed in fog lights, but headlights are supposed to be "white."

And yeah, selective yellow lights were used in France for a long time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selective_yellow
You hit the nail on the head actually. I have 50% brighter bulbs in my lamps. My local police... now that's a funny one. They give 2 poops about vehicular related anything unless you are a wanted felon, which lucky for me I am not one.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
I finalized the compass mirror install last night. The wiring covers fell out of the box and under the ps seat.

I need to do the following and I should be driving it.

Bleed the brakes
Bleed the coolant system
Finish exhaust install
Finish painting the wheels and mount tires
Replace DS door lock actuator(can't program the key fob or lock the doors currently)
Install front valance
Paint side and rear moldings
Put interior bits back together
Install PS outside mirror

The first 4 are the must get done before driving the rest is whatever.

I will be doing the lock mechanism and probably the brakes this weekend though. Wheels have to wait til less humidity aka next week.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
The wiring covers fell out of the box and under the ps seat.

It's like it's a low pressure zone or something...always under the seat! I did drop a partially eaten cookie between the center console and seat in my Volvo 850. It stayed there over the winter until I got to the car wash and used one of their vacuums to get it out. If I could have gotten it out in a timely manner, I would have finished eating it:D

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
I did get the PS door mirror installed and the door panel swapped this AM while my gutters were being installed. I forgot the picture of the inside mirror with the last post.

You must be registered for see images attach

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
Did quite a bit this weekend.

Replaced the DS latch and lock asm. The dome light still stays on. I'll dig into that after getting the car on the road. But the door is back together and panel on.

Got the passenger door panel finalized, the center console "Ashtray/power outlet" was swapped as well.

But I think the topping on the weekends work was the wheels are painted and clear coated with 2k clear. Are they perfect... no, but I have $400 into a set of decent wheels that are Era appropriate too.

You must be registered for see images attach

I will be trying to find "rivets" for the holes as Motegi no longer produces them. I will be having the tires(Dunlop Sport Maxx RT2) mounted on Wednesday at work.