Das ****** Schnitzel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
Oh snap... yeah, went back to a schnitzel mobile. I got a really good deal on what I thought was a 2.0L non-turbo when I saw the add for the car(only had exterior pictures), never asked just assumed but got there to pick the car up and bam 1.8T under the hood with a 2" stack of maintenance records dating back to 2010, with timing/water pump being done 36k ago.

The car itself is a 2001 Jetta GLS, in Baltic Green with Tan interior. This marks Jetta/Golf/Beetle(MK4) platform vehicle #11 for me. 1st green one, and 14th VW/Audi vehicle over all.

For those that know my past I was a VW/Audi/Porsche tech for many years. These are the vehicles that I am the most comfortable around. This car will be a bit different than most projects as it won't initially get worked on besides a list of things it will need to be 100% til spring.

My son is due to make his Grand appearance in 2wks. I want to spend as much time with him and my family as I can.

Now the reason I got such a killer deal on this is that the gentleman's daughter hit a deer and with 224k on the car they were just done with putting money into a 21yr old car.

I however was looking initially for a rwd/awd I6 powered sedan/wagon but decided to go back to what I was comfortable with, and here we are.

You must be registered for see images attach

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As a tech I worked on a used VW one time — I'm pretty sure it was a VW — and when I saw that it used 12-point triple square bolts for the CV shaft flanges, I grew a great hatred for anything VW. :) It's just the fact of coughing up money for a tool that I would never use again for a car that I didn't even want to work on (I was a Honda tech at the time).

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
A guy at work refereed to my my Volvo as a beer burner once..... I guess thinking it was German.

I've heard of a trend of getting tunes for cars that make them pop out the exhaust, when they otherwise would not. I'd never seen/heard one until today, while at the gas station. It was loud, and the popping was very noticeable, as the guy was just driving through the lot, and leaving. It was a VW... hope it wasn't you :cool:

Congrats on the new car. I've never owned a turbo, but it sounds like fun.

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know nothing other than the fact VW are pretty badass cars, huge aftermarket. I drove a straight piped TDI once and it was cool.

DeCaff2007

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Congrats on the new car. I've never owned a turbo, but it sounds like fun.

Ditto on the congrats.

Owned 1 turbo car ever (that actually ran). It was an 89 Dodge Shadow. Aside from the 90-something F-150 I had, it was the biggest piece of garbage I've ever driven.

The damage on that hood doesn't look too bad. I read "hit a deer" and automatically thought catastrophic front end damage. I guess not....

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've heard of a trend of getting tunes for cars that make them pop out the exhaust, when they otherwise would not. I'd never seen/heard one until today, while at the gas station. It was loud, and the popping was very noticeable, as the guy was just driving through the lot, and leaving. It was a VW... hope it wasn't you :cool:

You mean like this?
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Or this?
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media