Das ****** Schnitzel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
Parts of stitch live on. Oh and I recommend the book too.

You must be registered for see images attach

As i sit here celebrating another revolution around the sun. I ask you of all the vehicles you guys/gals have driven over the years which have made a lasting impression on you besides the GMT400? For myself the Schnitzel mobile and its diesel brethren of the same platform are the ones that I have owned the most of, and I find myself drawn to.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score

As i sit here celebrating another revolution around the sun. I ask you of all the vehicles you guys/gals have driven over the years which have made a lasting impression on you besides the GMT400? For myself the Schnitzel mobile and its diesel brethren of the same platform are the ones that I have owned the most of, and I find myself drawn to.
For me, it would have to be square body trucks and Burbs. They're what I learned to wrench on, and where my skills in that respect, started to improve. And we had several of them in the family fleet, through the years.... see my signature! I didn't know much yet, when I got my Monte Carlo. I probably shouldn't have bought that car, because I didn't realize how bad it really was.

RedneckWithPaychecks

454/350 x (4x4)²
Reaction score
As i sit here celebrating another revolution around the sun. I ask you of all the vehicles you guys/gals have driven over the years which have made a lasting impression on you besides the GMT400? Fo
GMT800 trucks and SUVs. I hated the GMT800 for a long time, I had my 02 Tahoe Z71 and the impressions that I didn’t like went away. Hopped in that 02 and went “I’ve barely ever been in one, why is everything so familiar?” Seriously, I got in it and everything made sense. When I drove it, it was exactly how I expected, it was more comfy than I thought, I found the controls exactly where I’d think they were (Except the interior door handle).

Another vehicle I have a lasting impression on is any TrailBlazer or it’s equivalents. One tried to kill me, so I don’t mess with them. I was going to town with it in Michigan, 4 way stop was approaching, no brakes. The brake was a 98 Mustang V6, slammed in into it at about 35 mph. Everyone was okay but the Mustang crumpled, and the TrailBlazer looked like it got hit at 35. I don’t like them for that reason. And it wasn’t really thrilling to own.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Fox bodies, K5's, and GMT 400 crew cab duallys. I've had at least 4 of each.

I have also been well impressed by 2nd gen RX7's, only had a couple of them, but that 13B motor is something special.

The car I've never owned but which probably had the most impact on me is a 911 turbo. I first got to ride in one in 1984 as a teenager, a black 930 grey market import, owned by the heir to the Panda Inn (which became the Panda Express) franchise. He was friends with a buddy of mines Dad, saw me drooling all over it in the driveway, and offered to take me for a spin. It looked, sounded, and moved like the chariot of the devil himself, and I was hooked on the spot.

Last edited:

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I ask you of all the vehicles you guys/gals have driven over the years which have made a lasting impression on you besides the GMT400?

3rd gen Nissan Maximas. These sh*tboxes. (I use that term as lovingly as possible)

The only vehicles I've owned before the GMT400s. I had a '91 GXE the same color as the one in this picture, followed by a white '93 GXE with burgundy leather interior. They both ate automatic transmissions every few months but I loved them anyway, the first one especially. It had a super obnoxious 3" cat-back with a Flowmaster muffler. Sounded like a truck. They were surprisingly quick and maneuverable. I still miss that first one. I look every once in a while for used SEs with the five speed manual, but you never see them for sale.

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a 2008 Honda Civic Si sedan. Loved that car. Until one day I was driving on the freeway and had to swerve onto the shoulder to miss an oncoming paint bucket that fell off a truck ahead of me. Unfortunately, there was a raised spot on the shoulder, shoulder-wide, and when I hit it, it caused my windshield wipers to activate (the impact forced the wiper arm switch to move). I thought all was good, until I arrived at work (a dealership at the time) and noticed that opposite corners of my moonroof were dented in. The damn bump on the road caused my unibody to bend (like this example and many more on Google search)!

After that, no more unibody vehicles for me except the beater (Cobalt) I currently drive. My main vehicles will always be ladder on frame. My last one was a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited which I sold to make room for my current K2500. Next one will be a 2001-2002 (GMT800) Silverado 2500 after I finish rebuilding the K2500. The Wrangler was fun, but it wasn't made to handle 35s like I had on it. And I wasn't willing to continue investing more money into it.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3rd gen Nissan Maximas. These sh*tboxes. (I use that term as lovingly as possible)

The only vehicles I've owned before the GMT400s. I had a '91 GXE the same color as the one in this picture, followed by a white '93 GXE with burgundy leather interior. They both ate automatic transmissions every few months but I loved them anyway, the first one especially. It had a super obnoxious 3" cat-back with a Flowmaster muffler. Sounded like a truck. They were surprisingly quick and maneuverable. I still miss that first one. I look every once in a while for used SEs with the five speed manual, but you never see them for sale.
Four door sports car...

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have also been well impressed by 2nd gen RX7's, only had a couple of them, but that 13B motor is something special.
1st gen RX-7s for me. They are to RX-7s what GMT400s are to Chevy trucks - the last gasp of simplicity. I can totally geek out and rant rotary engine/RX-7 stuff for hours on end. 13Bs are great, but a properly built 12A will rev to the moon. Mine hit 10,000 rpm on several occasions.

I was a technician when these were still thick on the ground. They were probably the highest quality car Nissan ever built. The VG30 motors were outstanding and the suspension was great. They were also relatively easy to work on.

I also really love 472/500 powered Cadillac DeVilles - especially the models with no b-pillar between the front and rear windows. They drive fantastic and the motor has the torque to move mountains. I had a '69 (3rd gen) and a '76 (4th gen). They used to be dirt cheap, but you can't hardly find them any more.