My first V8 project for street strip use.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wickedsick

Reaction score
recently got a deal i couldn't pass up on a 1994 1500 truck. its not the best time for me to take on a build but i got some help with storage and knowledge. My best friend told me if i got this truck i could store it in his garage. Here in Maine vehicle get destroyed by salty snowy roads so a truck with this little rust is not common. I have to keep it off the road in the winter so the storage is so important. I have a 99 audi a4 that i took to the dragstrip a couple times but it is not the best idea to have one car that you race and rely on to get to work. i was able to run a 13.7 at 90 with an ebay tune and NOS. now the truck will get the NOS kit and setup to cruse with friends and get to the drag strip. Hopefully be faster too.

Attachments

• ls1techavatar[1].jpg
    ls1techavatar[1].jpg
    481.6 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20240217_180005[1].jpg
    IMG_20240217_180005[1].jpg
    393 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20240223_211429[1].jpg
    IMG_20240223_211429[1].jpg
    438.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 20240224_153728[1].jpg
    20240224_153728[1].jpg
    261.7 KB · Views: 18

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome from Alberta Canada.
That's a wicked looking ride!!! I love the steppies!
What LS is hiding in there? All hopped up or what?
You can't tease us with those kinds of pics without details! That's just mean!!! Lol

wickedsick

Reaction score
i bought the truck based on the fact that it wasn't rusty, not a lot of body issues, and the engine swap was done and driving. friend price helped too. the specs are pretty well un known. we found a sticky note in the glove box with a vin for a vehicle that the ls came out of. i believe it is a 99 4.8. Things i found that i don't understand was poor wiring in a few places and it has no o2 sensors. the plugs looked a little black and fouled but it drove fine engine power seemed ok. the truck came with a line lock and some OEM type electric fans from something that are cut to fit. It fits well too. the fans were on toggle switch but i got rid of that and got a auto fan kit from amazon with a couple relays + a temp sensor. (not installed yet) The juicy stuff is that i got IHC front upper and lower control arms with 3 in drop. the truck came with some sort of lowering springs in the front and extended shackles in the rear. (rear setup was previous owner) i got more details coming soon.

Last edited:

wickedsick

Reaction score
I got some belltech 1 in drop front springs thinking the springs that came with the truck were more than that. The belltech springs were at least one inch taller than what came of it but in the end it was very little difference in ride Hight. It seems like the IHC control arms are intended for stock springs unless you want to use a narrower front wheel than i have. I dont know my wheel specs but the tire does stick out of the fender.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Welcome! You did a nice job hiding the Nitrous. I see the line-lock but no solenoids for the n2o.

13.7 is a fun street car. What does it run w/o juice? What size shot were you running for that pass?

And what do you mean 'eBay Tune'?