Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BrycePowers

Reaction score
I got the body back on the frame, front coilovers installed so it could roll around. I temporarily mounted the stock steering stuff back on the move it around easier. But i decided to start working on the interior to get it out of the way mostly because of the high cost of the rest of the drivetrain.

Got the old dash out along with all the plastics to start cleaning.
Bought a new dash from LMC so that it was easier to color change to black. There isnt much difference in the pictures but its much different to the naked eye.

Attachments

• 26.JPG
    26.JPG
    854.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 27.JPG
    27.JPG
    672.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 29.JPG
    29.JPG
    603.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 30.JPG
    30.JPG
    609.4 KB · Views: 7

BrycePowers

Reaction score
I started this thread to basically document everything of the build and so that people can see the stuff ive been through.
This last picture is my current state in the project. My dad got a speaker box installed around 1998 and they put wood screws through the back of the cab to secure the box. They also mounted the amps under each side of the bench seat.
All of those holes allowed water to pool in the low spots under the vinyl flooring. (this is the only rust on the entire truck)
I grinded all of the rust out and welded up all of the 30 something holes and primed and painted to seal it.

I currently am waiting on my Precision performance shifter to come in along with my driver seat from Procar so i can find where the shifter needs to be mounted.
After figuring placement out, i will be building a custom center console mock up so i can weld brackets onto the floor.
After that i will be sound deadening, installing new carpet, installing new headliner, and all of the interior plastics back.

Attachments

• 32.JPG
    32.JPG
    338.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 33.JPG
    33.JPG
    504.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 35.JPG
    35.JPG
    406.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 36.JPG
    36.JPG
    271.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 37.JPG
    37.JPG
    290.8 KB · Views: 11

BrycePowers

Reaction score
Got my driver seat in from Procar by Scat. Fits pretty well and has enough room to move the seat around. My only issue is that i will have to build a panel around the bracket to dress it up some. But thats the case with most aftermarket options. Got the shifter mount built, but i am still waiting on the shifter to come in to figure out final placement before i can weld it in the floor. Apparently precision shifters have a long lead time from what ive been reading. I bought some 16ga steel plate and a piece of chromoly tubing to raise the mount up. The height in the picture is very tall but I will cut it down whenever i can mock it up with the shifter. The shifter mount came from HFR Fabrication. The bottom plate will be welded to the floor and i will be able to remove the rest of the assembly by unbolt the tubing clamp i got from Trail Gear off of summit. (pictured in pic #39) The entire mount and most of the shifter will be covered by the center console.

Attachments

• 38.JPG
    38.JPG
    294.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 39.JPG
    39.JPG
    246 KB · Views: 10
  • 40.JPG
    40.JPG
    287.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 41.JPG
    41.JPG