Dom's 93 Cheyenne

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

domcan1000

Reaction score
I have slowly began to upgrade things on my truck it is a 1993 Chevy Cheyenne C1500 4.3L v6.

Bought the truck when it had 115,000 miles on it in 2009 I believe.
Rebuilt the engine once since I have had it and it is still having problems.
Truck sits at stock height on Michelin LTX M/S 31x10.5 R15's with custom rims
My uncle who works at a major Chevrolet Dealer down the street checked my VIN and said that my truck came as Dark Grey Metallic but the color is actually Light Quasar Blue Metallic according to the Original sticker.

Upgrades that I have done.

• PlasmaGlow Firestorm Scanning LED light bar
  • LED Taillights
  • LED park lights
  • LED Corner lights
  • Tow Hitch
  • Custom LED lighting in Glove Box
  • Custom Underseat LED lighting
  • Reupholstered headliner (used to be vinyl now cloth)
  • Flowmaster Muffler
  • Power Windows
  • Pioneer Tweeters in the doors where the window crank was
  • Digital Audio 4x6 Speakers 150W Max
  • Pioneer HD Radio Tuner
  • Custom Setup for 2 Speakers in the bed
  • 2 Kicker 8" Subs low profile
  • Rockford Fozgate 60 Punch amp
  • Replaced OEM Radio with "cubby"
  • Replaced Turn signal switch
  • Replaced Washer Switch
  • Replaced Turn Signal Lever
  • Replaced Wiper Motor Board
  • Low Profile Toolbox
  • Spray-in Bedliner
  • HID Low Beam Headlights
  • 4Hi Relay Low+High beams
  • VIPER 5806V Anti-Theft System
  • Chevrolet Bowtie Rearview mirror

Here are some things that I would like to do to the truck.

• Retrofit Projector headlights
  • LED light bar in High Beams
  • Custom LED Park Lights
  • Reupholster seat
  • Bedlights
  • Ultimate TBI mods
  • Spectre Dual inlet CAI
  • E-fans (not sure whether I want dual or single yet)
  • Colormatch Door Handles
  • Kicker Speaker System all around
  • LED Fog Lights
  • Custom Guage Face
  • Dual Exhaust
  • Billet Bars Grille Inserts
  • Repaint all dash and panels light blue and white (I finally got all of the panels from the junk yard and found a rear top panel that has two front facing hooks which I've never seen before)

I'm sure there is a lot more that I want to do

domcan1000

Reaction score
I had to replace my starter now and because it was starting to just click. cost me a good $120 that I wasn't expecting to pay right now.

Since then I have had new Wheels and tires installed. Went from 15x8 MB Motoring wheels on Michelin LTX M/S 31x10.5 R15 tires. Now I've got Rocket Racing Wheels Rocket Booster in Hypershot 18x8 sitting on Michelin LTX M/S 2 265/60 R18 tires. Had a hard time trying to get my wheels because the discount tire I went to told me that 18's wouldn't fit and then when another guy there tried to order them, he was told that they "do not make" those wheels in 18x8...so I called(didn't even have to show up) another discount tire on the other side of town and they actually talked to the manufacturer to make sure the wheels would fit. Anyways they got there pretty quick and my dad took my truck to go get them installed and he said that all of the guys at the shop were "admiring" it all day.

Also, since my dad only helps me once he takes the truck and sees whats going on, we fixed an exhaust leak that I had where the header meets the pipe, just had to tighten the bolts a little(one was loose enough for me to wiggle around).

Now I just have to paint the brake drums and calipers to make it look....not so rusty lol. Also gotta give her a bath cause she hasn't had one in a while...gonna have to break out the clay bar.

Here is a picture of the truck with the MB Wheels:
You must be registered for see images attach

And here is a picture with the new wheels:

Planning on taking more pictures once I get her all cleaned up.

domcan1000

Reaction score
Thinking about doing this mod and going to the sealed beams but would try to do either LEDs or Projectors
http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?5735-Dual-Sealed-Beam-headlights-on-a-1994-Chevy&p=95514&viewfull=1#post95514
attachment.php

These would be the LEDs
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007ED7HNY/ref=s9_simh_gw_p263_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=desktop-1&pf_rd_r=0WQ6YSDEB3VEXWD1AN8P&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=2079475242&pf_rd_i=desktop

Also might just use some RIGID Industries LED light bars in the highbeam spot or get two LEDs not sure yet...

domcan1000

Reaction score
Here are a couple simple mods that I have done...

Found two under hood lights at the junkyard cause I didn't have any when I got the truck. Had the hole and screw slots for the left one but had to make my own for the right one.

When I bought the truck it had no light in the glove box and the switch was gone...I found one at the junkyard and wired it up to a little LED strip for more light and cause I use the hole in the side of the glove box for the USB cable coming from my stereo. Don't mind the clutter...