Haters Gonna Hate, My '06 Mustang

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hate it, hate it, haaayyyy now...

Not half bad.

I guess I don't hate it.

Truthfully my wife really wanted one in 07 when she totaled her first car but she had to have her parents cosign and they wouldn't on a Mustang. She got an 05 Civic instead. Before we bought her GTO we looked at Mustangs again but it was really tough to get in and out of the back seat with very little leg room. My wife is also only 5' tall and she had a really hard time judging where the front of the car was because of slope on the hood vs seat height.

Honestly though, your car looks great. Certainly no hate from me.

JerrysGuzzi

Reaction score
I've talked a bit about my Mustang, and today I actually thought to get a pic. I'm brand-agnostic. I don't give a crap about Ford vs Chevy vs Dodge vs Imports. If it's fun and fast, I like it. If it's custom and pretty, I like it. If it's rusty and ugly but still rolling, I like it.

It's a 2006 Mustang GT. Hate if you want, but it's been my extremely reliable daily driver since 2008. I got it with 4,000 miles on the odometer, and its nearing 195,000.

You must be registered for see images attach

The shaker hood was an option on the SN95 Mach 1 Mustangs, and Classic Design Concepts built a kit to put the factory Mach 1 shaker hood on S197 Mustangs. The previous owner (my best friend's dad) bought the car and immediately put the shaker hood on it. It's a pain in the rump to work on the engine with it. Pretty much any maintenance requires removing it first.

2006 Mustang GT
4.6L SOHC 3-valve V8 - the engine is bone stock internally
Cold air intake / shaker hood - the shaker hood makes no more power than a normal aftermarket cold air intake
Ford Performance 24lb/hr injectors
NGK coils
Steeda Pro-Action struts
Summit lowering springs
Steeda strut camber plates
BMR rear axle lower arms, upper arm, and panhard bar
Ford Performance aluminum driveshaft
Ford Performance 4.10 ring & pinion
Raybestos pads & rotors
18" 5-spoke wheels with 255/45-18 front, 275/35-18 rear
Factory "Shaker 1000" stereo system

That's it. Every modification was done to fix a problem. The upper strut mounts started popping - so it got the camber plates and lowering springs. The factory driveshaft started whup-whupping, so it got the Ford Performance piece. The diff got noisy, and the FB Marketplace diff I got just happened to have the 4.10s in it. The BMR pieces got added since I was already swapping axles.

I still haven't made a 1/4 mile pass with it because the best advice I ever got was "never race a car you can't afford to walk away from". It has been autocrossed, and I spanked a handful of stock Miatas with my mostly stock Mustang back when Mustangs didn't autocross. Now you'll see them at every meet.

But rest assured that I'm not done with WCJr nor Roscoe. They'll still get some lovin'.
Only hate I have, I sent my 78 Ford F150 4x4 to my 2nd cousin after driving it for 44 years. I bought a 1997 GMC 1500 so I'd have time to fix the body on m,y old Ford that I ordered in Feb. 1978. That was the biggest mistake, now I'm trying to trace down, no spare on the 97, I miss the air conditioning. Nice Mustang, I quit buying Fords when they built engines that wouldn't make 300,000 miles.

Boots97

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hate it, hate it, haaayyyy now...

Not half bad.

I guess I don't hate it.

Truthfully my wife really wanted one in 07 when she totaled her first car but she had to have her parents cosign and they wouldn't on a Mustang. She got an 05 Civic instead. Before we bought her GTO we looked at Mustangs again but it was really tough to get in and out of the back seat with very little leg room. My wife is also only 5' tall and she had a really hard time judging where the front of the car was because of slope on the hood vs seat height.

Honestly though, your car looks great. Certainly no hate from me.

Nothing wrong with an '05 Civic. Dad bought an '04 Civic as a commuter car to save gas money. He's retired now and I use it periodically when I'm working on my truck. I plan on buying it from him within the next year or so.

Deancr11

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I don't hate it it's just another fing Ford that needs to get out of the way. As long as your happy with it doesn't matter what the hell anybody else says or thinks about it. Now does it?

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome looking Mustang btw. I've always loved the SN195 Mustangs. One day, I hope that I can buy a 2011-2014 Mustang with the 3.7 V6.
SN95s are the 1994-2004 Mustangs, this is an S197 Mustang (2005-2014). I've considered an S550 to replace it, but I'll only buy a Mustang if it has a V8. There are arguments that an Ecoboost can be just as fast, but I remember when our trucks came out - the 4.3 was the "fast" truck and the 350 was for towing. Once people figured out how to get around the TBI, the 4.3s were pretty much forgotten.

Boots97

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
SN95s are the 1994-2004 Mustangs, this is an S197 Mustang (2005-2014). I've considered an S550 to replace it, but I'll only buy a Mustang if it has a V8.
Whoops my bad. Got numbers mixed up. Still an awesome Mustang though.

V8 Mustangs are super cool. I understand why you'd go for them over a V6 or Ecoboost 4 banger. I'm into the V6 for its mix of both power and good fuel economy. I already have a V8 and (right now) don't have a need for another one.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Whoops my bad. Got numbers mixed up. Still an awesome Mustang though.

V8 Mustangs are super cool. I understand why you'd go for them over a V6 or Ecoboost 4 banger. I'm into the V6 for its mix of both power and good fuel economy. I already have a V8 and (right now) don't have a need for another one.

One does not buy a V8 because one needs a V8. Your logic is invalid.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I telework 4 days a week, so fuel economy is less of a concern than it used to be, and the Mustang racks up 24-26 mpg on the highway. Or at least it did before the 4.10s.