Well this is gonna suck!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The last week and a half or so i have noticed a rattle coming from my front left wheel. Finally had a chance to take the wheel off and check it out.
Nothing wrong with brakes i could see and looking around i found this.
Now i need to figure out what bushings to order and since i have it apart ill do both sides + ball joints and maybe new shocks. What's another $500. If i did not like it so much it would be soooo gone! Then again thats cheaper than a truck payment i know a few guys at work are paying.
Question though: It looks like the lower control are does not adjust. Is that correct?
I know i need to get it aligned after changing them but i could not get it done for a week.

Really kinda sucks. I was just about ready to order my headers and exhaust parts from summit. Now that has to wait another month and the lift kit i wanted is just not gonna happen this year either.
You must be registered for see images attach

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Its 25 year old rubber man, it comes with the territory of driving these things. I always think of $300-$600 repairs on paid-off vehicles as equal to a month or two of vehicle payments that I'm avoiding.

And to answer your question, the lower control arms are not adjustable... only the uppers for alignments. You should still get an alignment because the last one was done with worn lower bushings.

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, i know it comes with the territory but it does get tiring sometimes.
I'll get it aligned for sure but will need to be a Friday after i do the job, so a week.

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually it drives great.
Just a rattle when i hit bumps like brake pads rattling but it's not them or the caliper. Now that i think about it i hear it on the driver side but maybe the noise is traveling from the passenger side.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
$500? I just dropped $1K+ on front end stuff for the dually. :( (well it included calipers, pads, and rotors.)

Once I can get around to slapping it all on there the only original front end stuff will be the center link and steering box. Oh and the sway bar frame bushings, for the moment, anyway.

Richard

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Its 25 year old rubber man, it comes with the territory of driving these things. I always think of $300-$600 repairs on paid-off vehicles as equal to a month or two of vehicle payments that I'm avoiding.

New truck payments are more like $900-1200 per month! Unless people stretch it out so long that they will end up totally upside down.

Then add the extra insurance and tab expense...

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, all my front end parts are good except the lower bushings. Last winter i put new upper control arms/ball joints, wheel hubs, calipers/pads, Steering gear box, pitman arm.
Idler arm and tie rods are still tight.
Lower bushings and lower TTX ball joints are under $150. Shocks around $350.
Probably go with Bilstein 4600 since my truck is not lifted.

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New truck payments are more like $900-1200 per month! Unless people stretch it out so long that they will end up totally upside down.

Then add the extra insurance and tab expense...
For sure.
Just sometimes bums me out that im putting money into what it need's and not what i want.
Sure am proud of it though when im someplace and someone says nice truck and we start talking about it.