2006 Silverado Daily Driver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
Ever since I sold my ’05 Tahoe last fall, I’ve regretted it. I loved the fuel economy, reliability, the comfort, and just the overall look of it. Fast forward and I bought and sold my 2000 OBS 3/4 ton and was again on the search for a GMT800 truck.

I’ve been on Facebook marketplace nonstop the past couple months looking for the right truck. I was looking in Alabama and Oklahoma where I have family, but everything was insanely priced. The other day I found an ‘01 2500HD with low miles and no rust an hour away and decided to go look at it. I got there and it was just as clean as it looked and it had low miles. I didn’t really need another 3/4 ton, but would have bought it due to how clean it was.

While we’re looking at it, my wife points at an ‘06 Silverado in the driveway. The seller has family in South Carolina and occasionally will bring a truck or two back and sell them in Michigan. Well we test drove it and it was literally flawless with 136,000 miles. Still has the original window sticker in the glove box even lol. Plans for now…

-nerf bar removal
-RC leveling kit (currently just cranked)
-new window tint
-new headlight/parking/foglight housings
-Yukon Denali color matched door handles
-door molding removal
-Weathertech floor mats
-Tonneau cover
-Power folding mirrors from a Denali
-full center console

Original truck I was going to buy

You must be registered for see images attach

The new truck

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
My personal truck is a 2005 Z71 Tahoe, with the 5.3. As long as you can get a 5.3 before the AFM came along, you can count on the engine. I have 160k on mine and it is flawless and no oil leaks. Your crew cab find is nice.

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
My personal truck is a 2005 Z71 Tahoe, with the 5.3. As long as you can get a 5.3 before the AFM came along, you can count on the engine. I have 160k on mine and it is flawless and no oil leaks. Your crew cab find is nice.
Mine was also a Z71. I had bought it from the original owner in Oklahoma 5 years ago. I sold it to my neighbor last fall with 280,000 miles. He said it’s getting close to 300,000 and runs great still.

Here’s the thread on that.

2005 Tahoe Z71

Last edited:

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Mine is exact same color.

GM got a great deal on the pewter paint. 1 in 3 '99 Burbs are that color according to the Vin report I had done for my Burb. Over 91,000, and we've had two. I know several people who have had Burbs and Tahoes that color as well.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Mine was also a Z71. I had bought it from the original owner in Oklahoma 5 years ago. I sold it to my neighbor last fall with 280,000 miles. He said it’s getting close to 300,000 and runs great still.

Here’s the thread on that.

2005 Tahoe Z71

GM got a great deal on the pewter paint. 1 in 3 '99 Burbs are that color according to the Vin report I had done for my Burb. Over 91,000, and we've had two. I know several people who have had Burbs and Tahoes that color as well.
They call it Silver Birch Metallic