2001 Chevrolet S10 Blazer Daily Driver Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I saw the videos, I like your channel.
Thanks, I appreciate the feedback!

I'm driving to NE Oklahoma tonight for tomorrow's severe storm setup (outbreak potential).
Yesterday they were predicting tornadoes, but now they're just saying tennis ball sized hail. You know, small stuff. The Mustang's gonna go in the shop, and I'll probably park WCJr under a tree.

Stay safe!

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Due to my bad forecasting, I managed not to ruin the blazer on this nearly 2000 mile escapade.

But it did have a few minor issues.

First off, the check engine light would flash due to a misfire whenever going up hill at high speed. Sounds to me like either dirty spider injectors or maybe the spark plugs being original (the iridium ones are supposed to last over 100k).

Also the brakes let go after panic stopping.
You must be registered for see images attach

It turns out that this braided line going to the ABS block is the culprit.

I also found this red flag right here.
(Compression fitting)
You must be registered for see images attach

According to the Carfax THE DEALER replaced this brake line. I personally don't trust compression fittings for brake lines, so I'm probably going to cut and join them back together properly with two double flares and the appropriate fittings.