Daily Driver K2500 Refresh

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
Got bored this afternoon and removed the billet grille. It just looked out of place IMO. Looks so much better. Next will be new OEM turn signals, sidemarkers, and headlights.

You must be registered for see images attach

boy&hisdogs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got bored this afternoon and removed the billet grille. It just looked out of place IMO. Looks so much better. Next will be new OEM turn signals, sidemarkers, and headlights.

Looks much better! Too much chrome is visual overload, but a bit of black and chrome mixed makes what chrome you do have "pop" more.

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
Made a trip back to the junkyard today to grab some more random parts. Grabbed another cluster that looks better than the other one I grabbed last time, four new door lights since the others in the truck are yellowed and cracked, cigarette holders for the rear doors because I hated the broken pair in there, a new rear window switch, and some GM gloves lol.

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
I finally threw in my new OEM lights tonight after I detailed the truck. It’s crazy how the smallest things can make the biggest difference. I love it!!

Last edited:

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
Anyone ever sold a vehicle when you weren’t even trying????

I posted photos of it after my detail last weekend on a GMT400 page on Facebook and a guy asked if I would sell it. I told him it wasn’t for sale, but he was persistent and asked me to name a price. I threw a number out thinking he would never go for it. Well he drove from Missouri to Michigan last night with a trailer and paid me cash on the spot. Sold it for more than I paid for it. So now the truck that I loved and wanted so bad is on its way to Missouri and I’m stuck looking for another lol.

Took this before I left the house this morning :(

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
Saw the posts on FB...at least he'll have something to pull that Ford home :Big Laugh:

I sold the last K5 Jimmy I had like that. Guy at the gas station wanted it waaaayyyy more than I did. Hope you got an amount you really wanted. Always add $5k more, haha, easier to come down than to go up!

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You're a better man than me. Even is someone offered double what I'd ask for my K2500 or K3500 I'd have a hard time letting go.
Hopefully the guy is a member here? I'd love to see more updates on this truck, hate that I was so late to jump on the viewing wagon for it

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
You're a better man than me. Even is someone offered double what I'd ask for my K2500 or K3500 I'd have a hard time letting go.
Hopefully the guy is a member here? I'd love to see more updates on this truck, hate that I was so late to jump on the viewing wagon for it

While I did love it, there is no sentimental attachment to it like there is with my dad’s ‘98. I’ll be focusing on that for now.

He’s going to be posting photos as he does upgrades he said. He mentioned Duramax swapping it, but I’m not sure what the plans are for it. It will be on the Most Mint Bowties page on Facebook if you want to see it.