Daily Driver K2500 Refresh

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
Dropped the truck off at our local shop tonight to get the rear main seal replaced.

The previous owner told me when I bought it that it had a leak so I was aware of it. It’s leaking more than I’m comfortable with so off to the shop she goes.

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
Got the truck back yesterday. Instead of the rear main leaking, it was the valve cover gaskets and there was oil leaking from the intake. They threw on new gaskets and so far there is no more drip.

The starter also was saturated in oil and decided to crap out so a new AC Delco starter was thrown on.

I’ve been wanting to pull the seats and clean the interior, but I haven’t had time yet.

South VA

K2500 454 Long Roof
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got the truck back yesterday. Instead of the rear main leaking, it was the valve cover gaskets and there was oil leaking from the intake. They threw on new gaskets and so far there is no more drip.

The starter also was saturated in oil and decided to crap out so a new AC Delco starter was thrown on.

I’ve been wanting to pull the seats and clean the interior, but I haven’t had time yet.
Great news! I’d think the bill for replacing the gaskets was less than replacing rear main.

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
Had some time this weekend to swap over the new gauge cluster I picked up at the junkyard a few weeks ago. This one was in pretty good shape with most of the coloring still on the needles and the clear plastic cover not being scratched.

The fuel and oil pressure gauge on my original cluster was bad and there were several lights burnt out. The “new” one has no burnt out lights and everything works. Just had to swap the original mileage roll over to the new one and now we’re good.

You must be registered for see images attach

Don’t mind the SES light…it’s due to running no cats. Plans are for some high flow cats sometime soon.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited: