Charcoal canister guestion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kran

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
mine has been mounted sideways for a couple years to clear multiple alternators. no problems so far.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's part of the EVAP system. It "catches and stores" gas vapors depending on fuel tank pressure, then later sends those vapors to be burned in the intake. It's an emissions thing.

Think about it as storage for collecting gases to keep your tank from expanding/contracting like a gas tank for fueling your lawn equipment (without just letting the vapors escape into the atmosphere):
You must be registered for see images attach

90 Silverado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not legally. You'd be violating Federal law, same as cutting off the catalytic converter.
Of course, but it solves the problem ( same principle) . My truck passes emissions with it missing. ( Unless it's a visual but not down here) Many do it to solve an old stinky canister which is a problem with older vehicles.

Doug in P.R.:cool:

Blazer 383

Reaction score
Just had a 383 built for my 92 blazer sport, was hoping to keep it plug and play, and stock in appearance. Will the stock tbi/ intake, be sufficient? Engine builder claims 355+ H.P. Anyone?

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Will the stock tbi/ intake, be sufficient? Engine builder claims 355+ H.P. Anyone?
The stock 42mm TB probably won't give you enough. A bored 46mm or a 50mm from a 7.4L should work fine. Here's a snip of a calculator from TCI which shows you're good up to 6000 RPM with a 650 CFM "Street" carb.

You must be registered for see images attach

The bored 46mm TB is good for ~650 CFM, you'll want a bigger FPR spring too. Based on a calculator for my EBL, the stock 5.7L 61LB/Hr injectors will flow 89.5LB/Hr each @28 PSI which will support 338HP at 85% Duty Cycle so, you can adjust your VE tables up just a little more to get your 350HP. Or go with the 50mm TB. You may want to look into a VRFPR to help with your idle.

I have this TB on my 5.7L with the Edelbrock 3704 intake which I had bored out to 48mm for it. YMMV