Charcoal canister guestion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Many do it to solve an old stinky canister which is a problem with older vehicles.
The only reason charcoal canisters get old and stinky is people trying to squeeze another 25 cents in the tank. I made good money replacing charcoal canisters that sloshed with gas. Repeat after me, "Sorry, it's not a warranty repair."

When that pump handle clicks off, stop.

Blazer 383

Reaction score
yeah and he had a nice AFPR with gauge kit reasonably priced too. IDK if SPR Performance will take a TB and bore it for less than their $530 one but, keep in mind it comes with flow matched injectors, new calibrated TPS and AIC, "ultimate mods" including shaved throttle blade shaft, FP spring of your choice, yada yada yada.

IMHO, buying used may have issues with sensors and balanced injector flow. The throttle shaft may be wonkey too. If someone's gonna go through the expense of building a 383, why cheap out now? Just saying :33:
After getting a base gasket, and scribing a line the size of the bore, I used a die grinder, and rounded the manifold to to the gasket size. Now the 50mm butterflies don’t come in contact with the manifold, hopefully this will work, and it was economical.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

The Holley base gaskets are thick, with a tapered hole to clear the throttle plate on a stock manifold.