Can they turn any better?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I don't remember if there was a VIN break or if it was all year. I definitely can confirm from the GM parts catalog that the number changed, but I haven't worked for GM for a long time so I can't check the cut off.

Can you visually discern between the 2?

MotoDude

Reaction score
Doubt it. Where both trucks the same wheelbase? RCLB, RCSB, ECSB, etc?

Yeah, the CCLBs get the award for worst turning radius on planet earth. Mine needs an airstrip to do a U-turn, LOL.
They are both ECSB

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ha! No. The turn radius is really bad.
even on a 94 ecsb.
I dont even try to pull it into a spot a the grocery store anymore.
I use the "S" turn method.
Aim towards the parking spot and do a "crazy Ivan" at the last second so you have the entire lane blocked.
Take your time, and back the awkward ***** back in.
They park easier in reverse than they do in forward.

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
even on a 94 ecsb.
Aim towards the parking spot and do a "crazy Ivan" at the last second so you have the entire lane blocked.
"Crazy Ivan" the purple bellies will never expect it!

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
97+ got a different knuckle which was supposed to help. I know my buddy's 97 turns better than my truck.

Can you visually discern between the 2?
I bet the casting numbers are different on the older ones vs. the newer style. But I don't know what the numbers are; or how many different versions there might be. I'd kinda expect L and R for 1500s and LD 2500s; perhaps another version for HD 2500s and 3500s.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
even on a 94 ecsb.
With the Burbs we learned a long time ago, get a pull through parking space when they're available. Otherwise it's best if one person gets out and does what I call " ground traffic control ". Hand guiding the truck outta the space. Too many idiots like to fly low through parking lots, or go down the aisle the wrong direction. And if they think I have a good parking space, they need to let me get out of it first.....
And a u turn takes at least 3 lanes. 4 is better. When we come home, we have to make a u turn under Loop 610 freeway. 4 lanes each side on South Main Street going under the freeway. Takes all of em.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I bet the casting numbers are different on the older ones vs. the newer style. But I don't know what the numbers are; or how many different versions there might be. I'd kinda expect L and R for 1500s and LD 2500s; perhaps another version for HD 2500s and 3500s.

My question was more based on nabbing an OE junkyard correct box to send out to a company for a quality rebuild at a glance. Unless part numbers on the casing itself could clear that up.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I suppose someone can just look up the different published turning radius for each truck/ generation?

My NBS 99 Silverado ECSB also seems to suck at turning radius BTW. Not sure if the 03-06 were improved?

The SUVs have a shorter wheelbase, so they have a tighter turning radius than trucks...

A coworker went from an 02 Tahoe to a '15 CCSB Silverado and said he hated the turning radius. Those are the tiny little 5.5' or whatever beds, LOL.

I went from that 99 Silverado to a 06 suburban daily driver and do see a tighter turning radius. But again, my '00 GMT 400 CCLB I drive on the weekends kicks a$$. I love them long beds!

The way I see it is if you can't park a truck you have no business driving one, LOL.