Can they turn any better?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MotoDude

Reaction score
To preface this whole thing, I used to have a 2004 GMC Sierra 1500. It was 4X4 with no lift or any suspension mods and it seems to have a pretty tight turning radius for a full size truck. I now have a 1996 Chevy Silverado 1500 4X4 with stock suspension. The turning radius on this truck is noticeably worse than my old 04. Is there any way to address this or is the tighter turning just something that came with the newer years?

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
To preface this whole thing, I used to have a 2004 GMC Sierra 1500. It was 4X4 with no lift or any suspension mods and it seems to have a pretty tight turning radius for a full size truck. I now have a 1996 Chevy Silverado 1500 4X4 with stock suspension. The turning radius on this truck is noticeably worse than my old 04. Is there any way to address this or is the tighter turning just something that came with the newer years?

Just be glad it's not a crew cab long bed.

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
I need and use every bit of width of the turn around at the end of my street.
I was just thinking about the angle kit that people use on their drift cars the other day. It doesn't help me mentally that my other car is known for having a very tight turning radius for its size.
Love my cclb though.