Can they turn any better?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a stock set of 99 c3500 knuckles if anyone really wants a part number. If they is one on them

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I suppose someone can just look up the different published turning radius for each truck/ generation?

My NBS 99 Silverado ECSB also seems to suck at turning radius BTW. Not sure if the 03-06 were improved?

The SUVs have a shorter wheelbase, so they have a tighter turning radius than trucks...

A coworker went from an 02 Tahoe to a '15 CCSB Silverado and said he hated the turning radius. Those are the tiny little 5.5' or whatever beds, LOL.

I went from that 99 Silverado to a 06 suburban daily driver and do see a tighter turning radius. But again, my '00 GMT 400 CCLB I drive on the weekends kicks a$$. I love them long beds!

The way I see it is if you can't park a truck you have no business driving one, LOL.
Ah you need to come down to my end of I-45 and explain this to all the idiots who think that a truck instantly makes them a bigger man! I totally agree with you though!

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
With the Burbs we learned a long time ago, get a pull through parking space when they're available. Otherwise it's best if one person gets out and does what I call " ground traffic control ". Hand guiding the truck outta the space. Too many idiots like to fly low through parking lots, or go down the aisle the wrong direction. And if they think I have a good parking space, they need to let me get out of it first.....
And a u turn takes at least 3 lanes. 4 is better. When we come home, we have to make a u turn under Loop 610 freeway. 4 lanes each side on South Main Street going under the freeway. Takes all of em.
Yep. Im also big on wagging the ass end of the truck around just to get the point across.
Especially when towing a trailer.
If they dont know what the little blinky light means, just chuck the trailer into the other lane for a couple of wags untill they wake up.
Usually slows them right down.

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
Yep. Im also big on wagging the ass end of the truck around just to get the point across.
Especially when towing a trailer.
If they dont know what the little blinky light means, just chuck the trailer into the other lane for a couple of wags untill they wake up.
Usually slows them right down.

Yep! And bright lights... Every 4th or 5th car on the road has their GD brights on in Louisville, Kentucky. Same with light bars turned on full time on trucks. Really making me consider installing a couple of high quality ones on mine to let the jackasses know what it feels like...

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep! And bright lights... Every 4th or 5th car on the road has their GD brights on in Louisville, Kentucky. Same with light bars turned on full time on trucks. Really making me consider installing a couple of high quality ones on mine to let the jackasses know what it feels like...

DO IT DO IT DO IT lol get them at their own game

Im waiting to pop someone with the 6hi mod on the suburban

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ah you need to come down to my end of I-45 and explain this to all the idiots who think that a truck instantly makes them a bigger man! I totally agree with you though!

Doh! I just read your previous reply. I wasn't referring to you!

...and it's the same about those guys driving trucks here as well, LOL

Last edited:

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Last edited:

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
With the Burbs we learned a long time ago, get a pull through parking space when they're available. Otherwise it's best if one person gets out and does what I call " ground traffic control ". Hand guiding the truck outta the space. Too many idiots like to fly low through parking lots, or go down the aisle the wrong direction. And if they think I have a good parking space, they need to let me get out of it first.....
And a u turn takes at least 3 lanes. 4 is better. When we come home, we have to make a u turn under Loop 610 freeway. 4 lanes each side on South Main Street going under the freeway. Takes all of em.

I've gotten use to it lol. Although back up and front camera is on my todo list. Parking at downtown or the seawall in Galveston on the other hand. Nope. Cant do it. Takes wiggling like Austin powers trying to do a u turn in a narrow hallway lol.