CAN I CUT MY EXHAUST OFF?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was somewhere recently (Colorado I believe) where I saw one of those drive-by emissions units situated on an on-ramp. I don't know how "smart" those things are... if they're just profiling the aggregate emissions or if they're checking each vehicle... and maybe taking pictures of license plates too.

And if they aren't checking each vehicle now, they may in the future.
I heard about that maybe twenty years ago. At the time, it was a proposal--to verify vehicles without requiring an actual emissions inspection (where the vehicle owner could "tune" the vehicle to comply, then "un-tune" when the sticker was on the windshield.) Mail out the tickets just like automated red-light cameras, or automated speed enforcement (i.e., a semi-criminal public/private enterprise where the State is complicit in extorting money from We the People using whatever means can be "justified" enough to pass the Legislature, with much of the resulting profits absorbed by whatever corporation has the Government contract to run the scheme.)

I did NOT know that remote emissions testing was in-use. I thought the whole thing died and wasn't revived.

How wrong I was.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did NOT know that remote emissions testing was in-use. I thought the whole thing died and wasn't revived.

How wrong I was.

Wanting to make sure I wasn't mistaken, I checked. Here it is:

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wanting to make sure I wasn't mistaken, I checked. Here it is:

"...drivers of clean-running, low-polluting vehicles can have their vehicle screened and approved on the fly, allowing them to skip a trip to an emissions testing facility."

NOT ONE WORD about what happens to owner/operators of vehicles that FAIL the testing. No, there's no propaganda. Move along. Nothing to see here.

Given the direction things have been going for the last forty years, intentionally disabling emissions control devices will soon be punishable by death.

Death by Booga-Booga, if Petey has his way.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Back sometime in the early 90s, I can't remember exactly when, he ran that story of a guy in San Francisco who went to the hospital with a gerbil stuck up his ass. Rush played that up for weeks, months, and maybe even years, IDK.
"Armageddon! ARMAGEDDON!!!"

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NOT ONE WORD about what happens to owner/operators of vehicles that FAIL the testing. No, there's no propaganda. Move along. Nothing to see here.

Ah, look here. A quote from a story dated October 23, 2008:

"But high polluters are even now getting warning letters from the state and will be required to have their vehicles tested and fixed before they can be re-registered.."

So that was then. I wonder what it's like now.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Back sometime in the early 90s, I can't remember exactly when, he ran that story of a guy in San Francisco who went to the hospital with a gerbil stuck up his ass. Rush played that up for weeks, months, and maybe even years, IDK.
They was Robert D Raiford's "Armageddon" on the John Boy and Billy morning show. I literally cried the first time I heard it. Not safe for work, potentially offensive, and the funniest thing I've ever heard.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Status
Not open for further replies.