Bought a CC Dually 454 Whipple

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
FINALLY found a cab and chassis dually at the pull and pay and got my 3 leaf upper overloads!

You must be registered for see images attach

Donor got whacked good and hard. The main leaves were destroyed, somehow the upper got missed. Also check out that beast of a swaybar! Puts my Hellwig to shame but the reach looks longer so maybe not.

You must be registered for see images attach

Gonna drop these off with the powder coated Thursday. I'm so stoked to have found these and to get them so cheap. Also stoked that I nabbed the plastic shroud that goes behind the diesel bumper. Unfortunately the diesel bumper itself was already gone. They had an unusual amount of 8 lug trucks there today.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I didn't know any trucks got rear bars..... well, I guess I haven't been looking at C&C trucks. I wonder if it would adapt easily to SRW?

The diff housing has mounts on the front of the tubes. The frame rails themselves are narrower than your SRW, so another mount that needs fabbed. Not the end of the world though, from a fab perspective it's an easy enough job.

Last edited:

Aparke4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's odd.... the forged arms use all rubber bushings, as in no steel sleeves.

I can look closer but i dropped arms off at local favorite shop and this is what they do for older/ more HD trucks. Maybe I got semi-scammed? I will take a look at mine this afternoon but it really helped steering and handling. My old ones looked original and were cracked and brittle.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
The diff housing has mounts on the front of the tubes. The frame rails themselves are narrower than your SRW, so another mount that needs fabbed. Not the end of the world though, from a fab perspective it's an easy enough job.

Is that the 12K GVW C&C? I didn't realize anything short of the HD got a narrow frame.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Decided to do some spring cleaning this weekend and those overloads are just in the way. I decided to try googling for some new leaf spring bushings and found these guys sell them for just a few bucks, WAY cheaper than the overpriced Dorman garbage at the parts stores.

https://beattiespring.com/collections/wear-pads

They even have the weird ones I haven't been able to find anywhere. My Husky mud flaps arrived a while back, so looking forward to installing those as well once I pick up my drill charger from the hangar. UCA bushings arrive tomorrow too, so I should have some decent updates here soon.

Last edited: