Whipple Time

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DTrain

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a ‘99 K3500 with a 454. Other then headers/3” exhaust, its stock. Picking up a 2.0 whipple supercharger. When the blower was on the truck of the guy I’m buying it from the blower was a 1.6. Seller pulled it and sent it off and had it upgraded to a 2.0 and never put it back on the truck. Comes with an ECU from the truck it came from, some random pulleys and also comes with some 42 injectors that was used for the 1.6 whipple configuration. And ECU

I live across the street from a speed shop where my truck has been tuned in the past. I stopped in today and asked what I needed. He said ECU from the donor truck, injectors and MAP sensor. He thought that’d keep the tune to a minimum. Problem seems to be, that’s all for the old tune of the 1.6.

I’m looking for guidance on what I need. Will anything other then the whipple itself even work for my project and what else I’m not thinking about that I will need.

Thanks in advance.

Komet

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You should make sure you have enough fuel pump for the new power level, and adequate gauge wires running to it.

DTrain

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is there an upgraded in tank fuel pump or is that something outside? Haven’t thought about that piece.

Wildblue19

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Contact whipple for the manual. Whipple conversions used a boost a pump transformer