Bought a CC Dually 454 Whipple

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Go big or go home. I snagged this gem last weekend for $6,000. It didn't age until 4 years ago and it shows. Door handles are crispy, shifter has very pronounced clicks at every gear, the cupholders and sun visors snap into/out of position. Interior needs a cleaning, but it will clean up great and has very little wear. Front end was redone recently and shows, truck drives great and the paint that's there does have a good shine to it (minus the grille that's missing chunks which I found odd, but whatever). I'm sure it'll pass anything but a gas station, but without a payment who cares? This thing has torque out the ass, I can't imagine what it'll be like after exhaust and a tune. And I just found out it's filled with cheap gas which likely explains the crap top end. I drove an NA truck and that didn't fall off like this one does up top. This one was spotless with like 30k on the clock until 4 years ago, got discovered in an old man's garage with the blower and Torklift Super Hitch intact along with what seems to be a non-functioning onboard airbag compressor with obligatory bags. I'll have to look into that, hopefully it can be fixed for cheaper than the whole new shebang. Really opens up my ability to haul a big old slide in with my 24' enclosed. Judging by the 6+2 leaf pack though, I may not even need them. Here's a few pics, plan is to get the frame section welded onto the back that I'm missing so I can bolt up the stock bumper and Super Hitch, wire in a 7 pin, and clean/paint the whole rear frame section prior to sourcing and installing a clean dually bed. I'm also contemplating a utility bed to be able to store more stuff for the impending slide in, but undecided just yet. Oh, and yeah, those wheels have to go.

You must be registered for see images attach

Really needs a good steam cleaning underneath, but I see zero body rust so that's good. Also thought I had shots of the interior, but I don't so that's a bummer. It has an OHC and Suburban visors, just need to add the spare Homelink and DIC that I currently posess. ****** leaves 4 monster trenches in the dirt in case anyone was wondering. :D

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Damn good looking truck!
Agreed, those wheels are horrendous, maybe a set of Alcoas with GM center caps wrapped in some aggressive tread?
I think a service bed would be a good idea as well, I've was around dirt track racing for a portion of my early life and always admired the guys who rolled up with clean one-ton Crew Cabs lugging big ass enclosed trailers.
Always still preferred the guys rocking out with open deck trailers, truck bed slam full of tools and coolers though.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I've got some research to do on the Alcoas. I do like them, but I know the GMT400 never came with them. I'd prefer not to buy new, and am not sure what my used options are. Gonna have to hit up the build thread on the black one again, I think he stuffed 265s on his but I also think he needed a spacer to pull it off. It has fresh 225/75/16 all terrains right now, so for the time being I may just flip the rears and cheap out with some clean stock steelies up front. I got 2 spares with it and 1 has a super clean steelie. Open deck is light and convenient, but it's a pain in the ass to load all your **** up every single time you roll out. Much easier to just leave it all in a bigass trailer permanently. On another note, those ginormous lugnuts hit the fenders on the trailer I loaded it on to bring it home. Had to dig up some 2x4s to drive over and get them to clear.

RatPwrd72

Reaction score
I've been shopping for a set of Alcoa's to fit my dually and just got the bad news yesterday that the 16" versions are discontinued in 8x165 pattern. Southwest Tire and Wheel said they were done, so I emailed Alcoa and they confirmed. The Eagle 058's look good, but I was hung up on having the Alcoa wheels. Oh well...

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
I've been shopping for a set of Alcoa's to fit my dually and just got the bad news yesterday that the 16" versions are discontinued in 8x165 pattern. Southwest Tire and Wheel said they were done, so I emailed Alcoa and they confirmed. The Eagle 058's look good, but I was hung up on having the Alcoa wheels. Oh well...
That blows..... big time.