Bought a CC Dually 454 Whipple

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

run96k3500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Would love to see you do the front brake and a-arms upgrade. Not sure if you’ve looked into it before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Would love to see you do the front brake and a-arms upgrade. Not sure if you’ve looked into it before.

I'm guessing by a arms you mean the forged arms I want to have on both trucks? Front brake upgrade is low on the list as it's the rears I stress more than anything the way Unload this thing down.

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice. These are going in the opposite direction like I said. If they stick out too far and hit the diff my angle grinder is at the shop and will likely be employed.
I put them in the opposite way and have had no problems so far. No clearance issues or anything. I couldn’t understand why the bolt is in that way.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Are these the lower arms on your 3500?

You must be registered for see images attach

Yeah, stamped arms with forged outer bits for the ball joints. Got the thing back together today and tried to test it empty. I was looking for the nose to dive and the wheel to not move. That test was not a success. What I did succeed in was locking the rears and laying 4 black stripes on the road when the back tried passing the front. That test can only happen when loaded it seems.

run96k3500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm guessing by a arms you mean the forged arms I want to have on both trucks? Front brake upgrade is low on the list as it's the rears I stress more than anything the way Unload this thing down.

I was talking about the 2000-2002 Non-HD front end that allows for bigger brakes and I assume they are better than the OBS. Plus I think that also for some better aftermarket Ball Joint setups.

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, stamped arms with forged outer bits for the ball joints. Got the thing back together today and tried to test it empty. I was looking for the nose to dive and the wheel to not move. That test was not a success. What I did succeed in was locking the rears and laying 4 black stripes on the road when the back tried passing the front. That test can only happen when loaded it seems.

I honestly didn't know any of the 8 lug trucks got stamped control arms, my 2500 is forged. Strange.