Bought a CC Dually 454 Whipple

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
I honestly didn't know any of the 8 lug trucks got stamped control arms, my 2500 is forged. Strange.

kind of what i was thinking...

I am not sure what these "stamped with forged outers" are.

how are the two components joined?

we have had this conversation before, but I still maintain there are only two, cast and stamped. But I may be wrong i just have not seen evidence to the contrary yet.

I believe my k2500hd has the cast commonly referred to as "forged" but they appear to have what i would consider as casting marks. Although I'm no expert.

These are mine. Excuse the 2nd pic my BJs were installed upside down.

You must be registered for see images attach

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
Are these the lower arms on your 3500?

these bushings are crazy too. On my arms the bushings were rubber with metal bolt sleeves but were not jacketed.

What PN were those bushings in your lowers? They look exactly like the bushings I used in the front diff ears and passenger side mount.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
There are 3 different arms. Early all stamped with bolt in lower ball joints, stamped with forged outer bits that the ball joints press into which I have on both trucks, and the cast/forged (I've always heard them referred to as forged, whether they are or not I can't say). The bushings I used were Moogs that I got at Advance, used a 20% off coupon and $5 Speed Perks. I then proceeded to rent $1,200 worth of tools to fail at getting the bushings fully installed from multiple parts stores. Here's a pic of the outer part on my 1500.

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
There are 3 different arms. Early all stamped with bolt in lower ball joints, stamped with forged outer bits that the ball joints press into which I have on both trucks, and the cast/forged (I've always heard them referred to as forged, whether they are or not I can't say). The bushings I used were Moogs that I got at Advance, used a 20% off coupon and $5 Speed Perks. I then proceeded to rent $1,200 worth of tools to fail at getting the bushings fully installed from multiple parts stores. Here's a pic of the outer part on my 1500.

Ok so I'm sold on the 3 different types now. I have never seen those before.

So did you "upgrade" your 1500 to the stamped/forged lower? Thus making them share the same lowers with your 3500?

Aparke4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I recently had my bushings replaced and the local shop had them sent to a machine shop to press out! They said the forged arms can sometimes break and it was about $110 to press out old ones and press in new ones. My ball joint press didn't even make the budge. 1996 k2500 8 lug

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I recently had my bushings replaced and the local shop had them sent to a machine shop to press out! They said the forged arms can sometimes break and it was about $110 to press out old ones and press in new ones. My ball joint press didn't even make the budge. 1996 k2500 8 lug
I took my own out and paid $40 to get new ones pressed in.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score

That's odd.... the forged arms use all rubber bushings, as in no steel sleeves.