Bought a CC Dually 454 Whipple

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Those wear pads are just the thing I need. Might even look into some of their replacement leafs. The dump truck ride quality with my bastardized leaf pack is getting old.

83GMCK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Western WA from Eastern WA, aka the wet side from
I believe my k2500hd has the cast commonly referred to as "forged" but they appear to have what i would consider as casting marks. Although I'm no expert.
You must be registered for see images attach

When you have a minute research the forging process. Cast = molten metal poured into a mold. Forged = a very nearly molten piece of metal is placed in a form mold and a very large hammer with another mold on it's face strikes it. Forged is beaten into shape, it is a very strong manufacturing process; knuckles, crankshafts, gears, etc. Gears are forged into blanks and then ran through a cutter, and if necessary the gear teeth can be hardened further. If you've ever looked up forged vs cast crankshafts, saaaaame thing.

Supercharged111

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got those leaf spring pads in.

I didn't have to break it to get it in. I think these are shorter than stock.

And it turns out BOTH leaf spring center pin bolts had snapped.

Looks like the one even started backing out.

Boom.

I only did the 1 extra for now. The arc of the C&C overload is different than my trucks, I just sent the thing right home and it all sucked together. You can see where the tips aren't touching. The factory upper is flat in the middle then arches up toward the outside. The C&C is arced more like the lowers. I hope I don't get interference between the uppers and the main.

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
Do you have bags as well or is it all spring in the rear?

Supercharged111

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I also have bags, but I want to be less bag dependent with the camper. We'll see what this accomplishes.

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
Oh yeah I see them now. Yeah it will be nice to have a more progressive responsiveness in the rear in the rear I'm sure.

Supercharged111

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The bags give me the height, but I need more rate too. This should be a nudge in the right direction.