BNielsen's 2000 Chevy K3500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Welp. Taillights unhooked, still popped. Taillight harness unhooked, still popped. I don't have time this even to chase it any further, but I'm wondering if maybe it's something left over from the old brake controller that was in the truck, I think I saw something on the harness yesterday when I was under the dash.

That's kinda good news, whatever it is is up front. Absolutely start with PO hackery.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
I'm nervous it is indeed the new multifunction switch, or possibly a wire got jostled for the brake switch. It's just so annoying chasing this down and I've done it before so it should come easier than this
Nothing like this ever goes easily.

Check firewall penetrations for chafing if they ran new wires for brake controller sans grommets.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Found this truck's absolute twin on FB Marketplace listed in Arkansas
You should add to your collection. You know you want it, you need 3 4-door trucks for some odd reason that I can't explain but it seems right.
Nothing like this ever goes easily.

Check firewall penetrations for chafing if they ran new wires for brake controller sans grommets.
I removed all the wiring for the brake controller, but I think there's still a scotch lock floating around somewhere in the harness.

Dravec

Unashamed 400 addict. Best. Trucks. Ever.
Reaction score
You should add to your collection. You know you want it, you need 3 4-door trucks for some odd reason that I can't explain but it seems right.
I mean, you're not entirely wrong. I need to fill the gapping hole that was left by the loss of my '99 K3500 cclb. But I want that to be another big block truck.
But as far as my other "wantsies", I have:
400 Denali
2000 Tahoe Z71
C2500 ccsb
K3500 cclb dually
C3500 cclb dually
K1500 ecsb Z71
C1500 scsb
Probably some others I'm currently forgetting :Big Laugh:

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oof, rough unit. Makes me glad mine is as straight as it is aside from my current issues.
Quite the mileage on that one if the odometer is accurate....404k
If that's the correct mileage then that 6.5 will probably run forever.
I mean, you're not entirely wrong. I need to fill the gapping hole that was left by the loss of my '99 K3500 cclb. But I want that to be another big block truck.
But as far as my other "wantsies", I have:
400 Denali
2000 Tahoe Z71
C2500 ccsb
K3500 cclb dually
C3500 cclb dually
K1500 ecsb Z71
C1500 scsb
Probably some others I'm currently forgetting :Big Laugh:
Your wantsies line up damn near directly with what I want; most of those would be temporarily owned, but as far as keepers my 96 is one, my 2000 is another, and I'd love to have a 96-98 smallblock K2500 Burb with a tailgate/hatch. Those 3 would be trucks that wouldn't go anywhere for a long time.