Blueprint 383 short block and CA smog

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

arrg

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think there are enough of us on here with the EBL to hand hold you through it. If not, BobR from Dynamic EFI is pretty responsive to questions. The installation/how to get started instructions are pretty good.

CHEVYS4ME

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going through all the documents for the EBL now... I may try to install it, and see if I can figure out how to flash the bin. I guess it will become clearer once connected to the EBL how to flash bin?

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess it will become clearer once connected to the EBL how to flash bin?
Real simple, with KOEO, open WUD (What's Up Display), click on Display/Flash, then click on the "Select BIN" button, find your .bin you want, then the "Flash Bank" you want, and click on "Apply" (wait for it to finish, usually ~4 seconds). Then turn key off for at least 10 seconds for the IAC to reset itself, then you can start your engine.
You must be registered for see images attach

Note: you can switch banks with engine running anytime in case it's not running right or you want to compare performance.

Then

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Note: you can flash another BIN to a bank while engine is running but it'll kill the motor while doing it. Then you turn off the key after it's done, and restart the engine.

CrustyJunker

Is STILL Here?
Reaction score
Don't stress, EBL is mighty user friendly. There's way more support now than when I had installed mine, that's for sure! We'll help ya. :waytogo:

More peace of mind on your compression - I had a Blueprint short block like yours, same part number, 3834, that ran 10.5:1 static compression. It passed NOx with flying colors. Looks like the one you bought has different pistons than mine. Mine had Keith Black hypereutectic dish pistons.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Don't stress, EBL is mighty user friendly. There's way more support now than when I had installed mine, that's for sure! We'll help ya. :waytogo:

More peace of mind on your compression - I had a Blueprint short block like yours, same part number, 3834, that ran 10.5:1 static compression. It passed NOx with flying colors. Looks like the one you bought has different pistons than mine. Mine had Keith Black hypereutectic dish pistons.

I have never used the EBL flash but I have used the EBL Classic and it is mostly the same. I was a Beta tester for the EBL Classic before it was released. I will do my best to answer whatever questions you might have.