Blueprint 383 short block and CA smog

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I finally have truck together. I have been fighting health issues I was diagnosed with Medullary Thyroid Cancer in 2018. 2 surgeries, it's back again and next surgery is scheduled for Dec 1st 2021. I REALLY want to get this truck on the road before my surgery. If ANYONE is close to me and could help me get this thing running, I could pay for you're time. The problem is 1) I don't know what I'm doing 2) Unless my fuel pressure is maxed out at 60 psi, I can't get it to idle. It's WAY too lean. I have a wb o2 but have not hooked it up to the ebl yet. I set my ve tables by the calculator, no change. I am really stressed and am having a hard time understanding and keeping focus. Maybe I'm doing something wrong??? I'm using v5 of TunerPro.
I have timing and base idle set already.

Anyway, hope someone reads this and can get my truck running!
You must be registered for see images attach
Forst and foremost, what injectors does it have? I would start by setting your fuel pressure to about 24 psi if it still has stock 350 injectors. Check to make sure that both are spraying fuel. Next set your BPWC for a 383 with 24s. Next take the VE table and in the 20-60 kpa area in the 0-1,200 rpm area multiply it by 1.1. If its still lean, do it again. Should be able to get it to idle by increasing the VE. Hookup the wideband and do VE learns.

I tuned a very mild 406 combination a few years ago in a class c cutaway g30 van rv. With a little more fuel pressure it started and ran fine on the stock tuning.