Big 3 + Dual Battery Setup Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blazed

The Blazed One
Reaction score
Hey guys, I did some searching and found some links and pictures. I have a basic idea of what to do, just want to clear up a few things.

I have a few more lights to install inside and outside of the truck. I'm already pushing HID's, Amber roof bar LED's, Amber lower valance LED's, LED strips on my doors and a basic Pioneer head unit with Sony 65watt speakers.

I plan on doing the AD244 swap, is that enough?

You must be registered for see images attach

Going off of this picture would it be OK to run 4AWG wire as my Big 3, and 4AWG wire to the second battery with this solenoid?
http://www.amazon.com/Cole-Hersee-24059-Continuous-Solenoid/dp/B000Y82X4E/ref=pd_sim_sbs_auto_8

Also, where does the 12AWG wire go to from the top of the solenoid and is 12AWG enough?

I plan on installing a better head unit and a small 500 watt 4 channel amp with a 500watt mono amp for 2 10's in the near future.
Along with some rear mounted HID's and a small air compressor.

Is this setup fine? Do I need more beefyness?

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you are spending the money on the Big 3 and a dual battery set up, you should just go 0/1 or 1/0 gauge (dont remember which one) since you already have it apart. The bigger wire will charge your battery faster and your lights will have more power.

Blazed

The Blazed One
Reaction score
Yea but I'm on a budget and the cheapest 0 gauge wire ive found is $3.80 a foot for OFC wire. I don't want that CCA(Copper Clad Aluminium) junk. Heard so many bad things about it.
I'm not going for 999999Gigwatts of powa! Just a decent setup to run a few modest lights and a cheap system.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
whats the fuse stuff and that cylinder looking thingy for? and where do i get one? apparantly the way i was planning on doig big three is wrong besides my use of 1/0

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
The 12awg wire goes to ignition. Go to a welding supply house and purchase welding cable. it's high quality flexible copper cable.

That thingy is a high current solenoid. it isolates the batteries when the key is off.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Its so your second battery doesnt drain when your running/car is off. Just to let the original poster know. If your starting battery ever dies, you can use your second battery to jump it. Just a little food for thought if you are on the edge of buying a good battery.

JAW's

B/W Country & Amer. R&R
Reaction score
Its so your second battery doesnt drain when your running/car is off. Just to let the original poster know. If your starting battery ever dies, you can use your second battery to jump it. Just a little food for thought if you are on the edge of buying a good battery.

To do this would all you have to do is manually jump the solenoid? (saying that your starting battery has no juice at all)