Best cheap hp/trq gains

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cadillac Bob

Slammin original 4x4 Cadillac doors!
Reaction score
Thank you all for your help and I’ll be looking into those 2options. OP? If that’s me somehow yes the caddy in my profile pic is mine and sitting in my garage with a fresh coat of best of show spray wax on it and I’ll be waiting for the weather to be good perhaps the weekend to pull her back out lol. So on that note should answer last guy’s question about my ride but to be clear 5.7L vortec 350 V8 as put in most 96-00 gmt400’s. Like I said and some have answered not looking for anything extensive but an exhaust is probably the most I’d be upgrading dollars wise to gain more power. But tuning I’m not sure what pricing would be but they seem pretty within reason of extracting a few more horses out. That would satisfy my needs/wants as long as they seemed a good buy. I’m not looking to “hotrod Lincoln” her! Lol but just add another layer of extra something to make her one more thing to help her stand out of the crowd.

96TahoeDoug

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got Doug's tri-y headers, 3" pipe after cats, Airaid intake. Underdrive pulleys. Needs 373 to 411 gears, needs a tune and a nastier cam.

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Slightly academic question but....
Say the exhaust was changed - headers and/or better flowing system downstream. Reading the posts that would demand a re-tune to make the most of it. Is that for fuelling more than ignition timing? Would such a change require tweaking of the ignition timing? And, if it were a carbed motor, would the carb cope with the exhaust changes without recalibration?