Best cheap hp/trq gains

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cadillac Bob

Slammin original 4x4 Cadillac doors!
Reaction score
Ok. I wouldn’t be deleting belt drive accessories lol but I do get what you’re saying lol. yeah no turbocharging in my future lol it would be great to gain 50-100hp and trq’s doing a couple things that is, what I’d be shooting for in a nutshell lol. Maybe I might have to call my one guy and see what he says since he works at a speed full custom shop. Just seeing how/what/if anyone has done small things to improve power since everyone’s ride here is at least 20+ years old now. Lol

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just asking around what is the best cheap way to gain hp and trq? Chipping,exhaust,air intake,bolt ons, etc…?

it would be great to gain 50-100hp and trq’s doing a couple things that is, what I’d be shooting for in a nutshell
You and I may have different ideas of what constitutes "cheap".

Yes, it would be great to gain 50--100 HP "cheap". Unfortunately, you're dreaming. Not gonna happen, at least based on my concept of "cheap".

Open up the budget, and add more-extensive work (not "cheap", and depending on your skills, not "easy") and you can make more power, DEPENDING ON THE VEHICLE/ENGINE YOU'RE STARTING WITH which you haven't told us.